Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Musings: Through eCards

Happy Monday!

Well, Charleston has practically been in a drought for 2 or 3 weeks now and this weekend that finally ended with pretty much all day rain on Saturday and Sunday...which made for a less than stellar weekend. But hey, at least it made me get stuff done at the house I guess. I can't tell you how often lately I hear from Jake that the house needs to be cleaned, or he wonders what I've been doing all day {mind you, I will have cleaned the kitchen at least twice that day, but it's a mess again once he or the kids touch it...same with the bathrooms! He just doesn't get it. Plus, it's not like I can fully concentrate on cleaning when I've got a baby and a 4yo boy to manage as well! Often times it's in the fashion of a little here, a little there. I think I do a pretty fine job considering I'm now working part-time from home on top of all of that....Ugh, men.}

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjxu5Eoo4Jy7EyCA3yBX1l416DSiNo8_6JYOxrKKMhlD8AdXf7thc3oMgK3iIcy7VXGQ_iMVgjE_FIZgYYjef-b916heB4HY4r3c3tlFxgBwi_pmw29ETxzjEx4SLGmq7ksqPPgeZr90ySx/s1600/vacuuming+husband.png

Today started off rainy as well, so instead of being able to go on my jog with the kiddos after dropping Tanner off, we just headed back home and now I'm able to write this blog post instead {after taking advantage of the extra time by doing some pre-school lessons with Breckin}. I'll head back out to hit the gym later this morning...if only the childcare there opened at 7am instead of 8am...then I wouldn't have to worry about killing an hour after dropping T off. Days like today really end up screwing me.

I did get to go to the ladies' wine night we have in my neighborhood, which was really fun. I of course didn't get home until 1am....time flies when you're having fun! It turned out to be one of those Pure Romance parties this time...so it was definitely a barrel of laughs...apparently a lot of us moms aren't as mature as we let on...

 http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/e865e2d526d3d24147c8492240c87823.png

Could you imagine if I asked Jake this?

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/baby-can-i-have-some-money-im-wanting-to-attend-a-sex-toy-party--21e3b.png

Saturday night, Jake, the kids and I went out for Mexican for dinner...even though I was pretty alcoholed-out from the night before, the margarita sure tasted good. But I officially need a break from alcohol...at least for a week. Detox needed for sure. I'm going to head to hot Bikram yoga tonight, so that will help. I was supposed to go last night, but my husband ended up having to work because they are trying to meet a deadline for finishing a house, so I had to scrap it. I did Insanity Pure Cardio instead...so that definitely gave me a sweat anyway!

Speaking of sweating...do any of y'all like to do local races - whether it's 5K, 10K or half/full marathons? Now that it's September, I usually like to start getting a lineup of races I'd like to do over the next few months. I feel like this month really kicks off a lot of the good ones...there are some in summer of course and typically I do some then, but I definitely missed out with how busy I've been with an infant and my boys...and Jake being so busy at work. I've been on the Active website and I think these are the runs I want to do in the coming months - any of you Charleston locals planning to do any of these as well? I think training and running will be so helpful in knocking off the rest of this baby weight.

{I wish this were true.}

http://static.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxMy1kMzA0MTY1ZmE3NzI0ZTll.png

October 4: Isle of Palms Connector Run
Nov 12: Holiday Festival of Lights Fun Run
Nov 27: Myrtle Beach Turkey Day Trot {why I'll be in Myrtle Beach, TBA soon}
Dec 6: Reindeer Run
Dec 13: Jingle Bell Run
Jan 17: Charleston Half Marathon {This will be my first, hoping to meet my goal of doing it!}
Mar 28: Cooper River Bridge Run

https://randomthoughtrunning.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/ecard.png

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi-DgstyvU1nh1AeZs1Wf6vkCXvySHLu4ZDMdIbC5c4KEl-MTADebZTOX_Hz_4syW_iVQieWPyxGeQwWMqZAUjfZdGz6D3I6-iZQwsn08g5120YcaQlrm8jZwJy2Xnq1SY6LKtrRCGxuE0/s1600/run+ecard+wine+earned.jpg

http://www.foodandfunontherun.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Running-Ecard-3.png

Mingle 240
still being molly

Weekending

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...