Friday, January 4, 2013

Kitchen Progress Update

Goodness gosh, I think I have been holding you off too long on the kitchen update post since we finished painting the cabinets! They have been done since like the beginning of December! Guess that's what the holidays will do to you.

But anyway, as promised, here you go.

I must say hubby did some hard work and got these babies done very quickly...considering he had to still go to work from 8-4:30 every day. Total time started on a Sunday and the cabinets were hung back in place on the following Thursday evening. He then purchased the hardware, made some drill holes where needed and they were officially finished that Friday or Saturday. Not bad when you factor in the time for sanding and for each coat of primer and paint to dry between coats. {I actually primed them for him while he sanded the base of the cabinets. So again, I helped!}


















Now let's look at the before/after shots:




















 I am so happy with the change. The kitchen feels so much more up to date and a lot brighter. It's not the largest space, but I definitely enjoy my time in there much more than I used to. The colors give a crisp, clean feel - which is just what I want to feel while in the kitchen.

There are still a few things to be done yet, but here is our progress list so far {click links for corresponding posts}:

1. New Under-Mount Sink
2. Granite Countertops
3. Backsplash
4. Paint Cabinetry {White}
5, Install New Floors
6. Wall Organization System
7. Paint Walls {Light Grey}
8. New Dining Table & Chairs
9. Curtains for Back Door

So what do you think so far?

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

Denyse @ Glitter, Glue, Paint said...

Morgan, your kitchen looks great. I just love your back-splash.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...