Friday, February 7, 2014

Five Things


Happy Friday! I hope you all had a great week! And for those of you a lot more north than me, I hope you managed to stay warm! I'm linking up again with A.Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, Hello! Happiness and The Good Life Blog for 5 on Friday. Also Backin' Dat Azz Up with Whitney at I Wore Yoga Pants.









{one}
I had my gestational diabetes test this week and I passed! I've passed every pregnancy...surprisingly enough because my already very sweet tooth always kicks it up a notch during pregnancy. Maybe my body is so used to sugar it just handles it well. I think if I took the sugar away, that might be when I go into a diabetic coma.



{two}
The weather was much nicer this week than last...no frozen bridges, no "snow" days...nice to feel back to normal and earn a full paycheck. It was actually 70 over the weekend, and then mostly high 50s this week, but I'll take that over anything under 30s and under any day. I am so eager for spring though...just need to get through this month and then hopefully we'll be cleared for warmer weather.

{three}
I am officially in the double-digits for my due date countdown! As of today, it's 97 to go. I've never gone over my due date...Tanner was spot on and Breckin was six days early...so I'm hoping it's a bit less than 97 to go actually...I'll be ready to go once I hit full-term officially at 37 weeks! I wouldn't mind an April baby...after all, I'm an April baby too. I am now just over 26 weeks along.

(25w6d}

{four}
Jake and I have finally agreed on a name for this baby girl. We think it's the perfect fit to go with her siblings' names. BUT, we are doing things a little different this time - we are not announcing it until she's born. I have my reasons for that...I feel like I've noticed a lot more unsolicited criticism and negative opinions this time around {maybe it's worse when it's a girl? I don't know} whenever I mentioned my list of favorite names and I honestly just don't want to hear it anymore. We have the name, we love it and it's our little girl...so it's our choice and I don't want to be bombarded or fooled into changing something we really like based on others' opinions of it. Sheesh, why does baby-naming have to be so hard? Anyone else ever feel like this when they named their child? Did you end up just keeping it a secret?

{Just kidding, I don't hate anyone for their opinion :-) Though I think this card is more aimed at how many names you hate based on people you know with that name...lol.}

{five}
This weekend I am helping my son make his Valentine's box for school. {Do you remember those? I loved when it was time to get creative and make one.} I'm thinking we'll do something Lego- or Nintendo DS-related since those are his favorite things right now. Then he will address all of his Valentines so we can make sure it's out of the way before Monday...I hate having to worry about things like that during the week.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Timber by Pitbull Feat. Kesha on Grooveshark
Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...