Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all the mommies out there had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! I had to work today for 13 hours, but I did have a great day yesterday...Breckin and I participated in a 5K called the Mom's Run for Postpartum Depression Awareness early in the morning. Our time was 36 minutes, but with a jogging stroller and having to stop to check on him a couple times, I didn't think it was too shabby. It was our first one this year, so I hope to aim to beat that time with each 5K I do this year. Here are some pics from the run:

Then, we met Tanner and Jake just down the street at Tanner's T-Ball game:

We then had a nice lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant where I had a well-deserved Morga-rita...and then we went home to work on the landscaping in the backyard - added a new flowerbed and fixed Dakotah's holes in the yard and planted some grass seed - hope to see it flourish!

Later (after even getting a nap!), we sat around the firepit in the backyard and cooked hotdogs and S'mores. Tanner and Jake camped out in a tent. It was a wonderful time with my family.

Anyway, that's my Mother's Day (observed) in a nutshell...waiting on my Mommy Ring to arrive...it's a large citrine gem (Tanner's birthstone) surrounded by a lot of Peridots (Breckin's birthstone) - exactly what I wanted this year!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...