Sunday, June 19, 2011

I Always Get The Screamers...

Breckin discovered his vocal cords a long time ago. He would coo and babble...squeal with delight. It was all so precious. However, it has progressively gotten louder and louder. And more ear-piercing. I mean, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Last night we went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. We love to go there because it's a great atmosphere (and they make the best Morga-ritas) and it's always pretty loud in there so if you have kids, they can be somewhat loud and it's hardly noticed by the other diners.

Breckin is super-sweet. He laughs and laughs...squeals...he's just soooooo happy. (I hardly take credit for that, I claim he's that happy despite me) It's just his natural disposition. So immediately when I sit him in the high chair, he starts laughing and pounding his hands on the table...he was just so crazy-excited. Maybe he feeds off the energy around him. But then he started letting out the screams...screams that if you heard them, you think he's upset rather than happy. And they were blood-curdlingly loud. We definitely got some stares of disapproval from nearby diners. But what could I do? He wasn't upset and needing consoling...he was just deliriously happy...how he is most of the time. I tried some ssshhhh-ing...but he just thought it was funny. This is Breckin. Breckin the Screamer.

This is not my first time dealing with a "screamer". Tanner first started his loud squealing around 4 months old. Same thing...just happy and excited. And again, it was a scream that sounded like he was upset...so people eating near us at restaurants think they got stuck sitting by a crying baby...but that was not the case. Tanner is 5 now. And he is STILL loud. He's also a non-stop talker. Yeah, we're officially a freakin' circus in public...never a relaxing moment. My whole pregnancy I had hoped that Breckin would be more mellow...because Tanner was already a lot to take...to add another to the mix? Scary. But here I am...Breckin is 10 months old...and there's no signs of him quieting down any time soon.

This is what I get for having boys. I may not have a quiet moment for the next 18 years. It's like a sentence (and I still don't even know what I did!) At least they're adorable and sweet...and in the meantime, there's always red wine (or Morga-ritas).




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...