Sunday, October 2, 2011

Not This Year, Candy Corn

If you know me, I mean truly know me...then you know candy corn is my favorite candy.


It really sucks because it comes out at just the time of year when the holiday season kicks in...and you know that candy-wise, it's all downhill from there. My fall (and I mean the actual act of defeat, not the season - no pun intended) begins with candy corn.

But not this year. No sir, not me! I will not even so much as look at a piece of candy corn. I've been working so hard since having Breckin and doing a good job at it so far...I just can't let this holiday season take all of that away. I won't.

Beginning today, I am officially just saying no to candy. I'm going to make it through Christmas...that means all of my favorites - candy corn, Tanner's trick-or-treat stash, Christmas M&Ms, Hershey's Kisses and candy canes. Not this year... No sir. NOT me.

The idea is, if I can make it through the holidays, then I can make it through the year...because we all know that the holidays are the hardest. It's a good thing candy corn is seasonal (as long as I keep telling myself those little 99-cent bags of it at the pharmacy year-round don't exist. So far, that has been working.)

Happy Fall, Y'All!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...