Monday, October 10, 2011

"That's Your Wine."

So my little Tanner has always been quite the little artist. I literally buy him a pack of computer paper and the kid will go through it in a week. (I've since had to ration it out more carefully.) Anyway, every now and then, I'll pick up one of the hundred or so drawings he has around the house and try to analyze it to figure out what everything is...it really gives me a deeper understanding of what's on his mind.

Well, the other day, I see a drawing of what clearly is a house and three people standing outside it...which I could only interpret to be Tanner, Jake and me (by the way, he left Breckin in the house by himself - but that's another analysis for another day). Well, so it was a cute, happy little picture except I happened to notice one interesting little detail - this is what Mommy looked like:


Yeah, I pretty much wanted to hand over my parenting rights right then and
there.

Well, so anyway, the next morning at breakfast, I showed the picture to Tanner and this is how the conversation went:

Me: "Tanner, can you tell me what everything in this picture is?"
Tanner: (Pointing out everyone) "That's me, Daddy and Mommy and that's our house."
Me: "Where's Breckin?"
Tanner: "He's inside the house."
Me: "Oh, but we don't really like to leave him in the house by himself now do we?"
Tanner: "Yes we do."
Me: "OK. What is that in Mommy's hand?"
Tanner: "That's your wine."
Me: "Why did you draw wine in my hand?" (I really should have never asked.)
Tanner: "Because you always drink it."

There you have it, folks. Mommy's a wine-o, and even my 5-year old knows it. Dang, and all this time I thought I was keeping it on the DL.

Disclaimer: This "glass of wine" that I have in my hand is symbolic of the glass I have a couple nights a week after the kids have gone to bed, or with my dinner. Let us keep in mind, he did not draw a bottle of wine in my hand. Thanks! :) A glass of wine a day keeps the doctor away!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...