Friday, September 20, 2013

Five on Friday

Ahhhh...this week has been super busy. As you can tell, other than today, I've only posted here once! I hope to get back in the swing of it next week. But you know what, today is FRIDAY and I'm going to just revel in that fact. It's time for...

 


{one}
Tanner started baseball this week! If you don't already know, my sons are polar opposites, and Tanner is my more introverted, less into sports one. It started off great, the first night, one of his classmates came up to him and was so excited that Tanner was playing baseball with him this year. I was so glad he immediately found someone he knew. We are hoping to get him to branch out and like more "active" activities rather than just Legos, drawing and video games. He is who he is, but I feel it's my duty as a mom to expose him to as many healthy activities as I can and provide opportunities for him to be social. Here's a picture of my little man looking handsome in his uniform:




The socks are blue because they didn't provide uniform socks, so we are using baseball socks from another year! LOL. We will be doing baseball every Tuesday and Thursday evening from 6:15 to 8:00 for the next five weeks. It's a big rush to get them picked up from daycare all the way at the other end of town and make it back in time for practice, plus they need to be fed, so we've found that grabbing fast food and heading to the baseball field to have a pre-practice picnic is the way to go.




{two}
Thanks to baseball, and I know I've mentioned this before, I now get a good excuse to walk the Cooper River Bridge two nights a week. With the practice field being right next to it, and trying to entertain his three year old brother for almost two hours being nearly impossible, it's nice to be able to pop Breckin in the stroller and take a long stroll on the bridge. It's great exercise too of course! Hubby came with us the first night, but couldn't make it last night. Hopefully he will be there for the rest of the baseball practices though.



Gorgeous view, isn't it? And we get to enjoy the sunset each time too. Breckin loves watching for boats in the water.

{three}
I hit my six-weeks-along pregnancy mark yesterday. I still haven't had morning {all day} sickness...I'm surprised with the very few symptoms I'm having this time around. I wasn't ever very sick with my boys, but I definitely had nausea...I think it hit about week 6 or 7 with them...so maybe it's coming. I'm doing well with my weight...with Breckin I think I gained like 7 or 8 lbs in the first trimester, which is considered a lot! I was eating to avoid feeling sick. This one, I'm making sure to keep up the exercise with morning cardio, and now the bridge walks are definitely a plus. I've heard exercise helps fight sickness during pregnancy. Right now, I'm about 1 lb gained...and good Lord, it's probably in "my girls". Not wearing maternity clothes yet, but my pants do get a little tight by the evening time and I jump into PJs right when I get home. Sorry if you're squeamish, but these pictures always amaze me about the woman's body and what we are made to do:

Baby, fetus at 6 weeks - BabyCenter
{Week 6 Pregnancy}


{four}
Speaking of exercise during pregnancy, I just came across this article about a woman who does CrossFit during her pregnancies and the backlash she received even though her doctor assured her since she was already that active prior, that it was OK. She even gained a healthy pregnancy weight. I don't lift like this right now, but I've not done CrossFit, so of course pregnancy isn't the time for me to start...but I do keep up my regular strength training and cardio, and like her, believe it's a much better alternative than being sedentary and not getting that blood flowing for baby. What are your thoughts?




{five}
Flared jeans...do you think they'll be the new craze and edge out skinny jeans for popularity? A few of my friends have been pinning images like this lately:

I'm into flared this year . Move over skinnies!
{via}

{via}

I've always been a fan of the flares or bootcuts....they flatter my shape better. I don't have the ultra-thin legs that look bomb in skinnies, though I do love to wear them. But flares make my thighs appear thinner...and that's a magic trick I can't resist.

Have a great weekend!


Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...