Friday, April 3, 2015

Five on Good Friday

Happy Good Friday to you! Many of you are lucky enough to have this day off, or already stay at home and may be enjoying Spring Break with your kiddos. I am doing neither! Regular work day for me over here.

 http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/1333711286144_1757703.png

But nonetheless, I'm happy it's Friday, I'm ready to have a great weekend and celebrate Easter with my family! On to my five...

{one}

I left you on Wednesday with some ramblings about my future and some plans I have. I mentioned that as of next month I may no longer be at Boeing. Well, I received the news yesterday that they'd like to extend me into July...and at that point there may be permanent opportunities. So that's good news - and I'm always open to possibilities. Either way, I'm going to enjoy the extra income for another few months. However, my heart is really leading me to what I was discussing Wednesday, so we will see how it all turns out. Good news is though, I received news that I've been invited to audition for a barre instructor position at a local barre studio. I'm not sure when that is yet, but they'd like me to come in as much as I can this month to take classes at a steep discount, in order to familiarize myself with their method.

{two}

I have wanted the Goddis Linsey cardigan for so long now. On a whim this morning, I decided to look it up on Revolve again to see if it price-dropped or if maybe they had a few new patterns. It was originally priced at $215.00 and I had not seen it go down in price. Unfortunately, I'm unable to drop that on a cardigan! This was the one I'd been eyeing:

http://is4.revolveclothing.com/images/p4/n/z/GODD-WK163_V1.jpg
{via}
I couldn't believe it when it said it was discounted to $121.00 and there was only one left...AND it was my size. You know I put it in my cart. Being the resourceful gal that I am, I looked up discount codes on Retail-Me-Not and found that if you use their app, you get 15% off your first purchase. So, I downloaded the app and got that discount. For a whopping $102, I got my most-coveted cardigan! Can't wait til it arrives! Perfect beach cover.

So it now says "out of stock" thanks to me, but they do have a couple of other patterns if you're interested.

I'm just calling this an early birthday present.

{three}

Speaking of my birthday...I feel like I'm rapidly getting deeper and deeper into my 30s. It seems like it was just yesterday that I turned 30...how have two years gone by? Two years and a baby to boot?! What a whirlwind it has already been. Turning 32...I don't quite know how I feel about that, but nonetheless, it really doesn't matter because it's happening whether I like it or not. But I'm good with where I'm at in life at this age...three great kids, a wonderful husband, true friends and I'm finally starting to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I'm excited to see my growth in that area in the next couple of years...see how it all pans out.

{four}

I've pretty much got the kids' Easter baskets put together this year...but when I went to put everything in them - stage them, if you will - they seemed a bit sad compared to years past. I definitely tried to scale back on the candy...it seems we have leftover candy year-round from holidays and I've just got to put a stop to that! I may need to do some more shopping...any good toy/gift recommendations for kid's Easter baskets? Something they will actually get use out of? My boys are 9 & 4. Farrah of course will not have much because she's not going to eat any candy at 11 months old. Heck, she won't even know what is going on. I basically have to get her an Easter basket so the boys don't question why she doesn't have one.

Our Easter plans are pretty low key. Church in the morning {can't wait to see Farrah in her Easter dress!} and of course I always do a little backyard Easter egg hunt with the boys. I am hoping for nice weather so we can go outside and have some fun as a family.

{five}

I have to end this lovely Friday post with an update on my postpartum weightloss. As y'all know, it has taken me MUCH longer than expected to drop the Farrah lbs. I had a long road ahead of me after I had her and I certainly didn't want to accept that it would be so long. I have been working hard the last 3-4 weeks {well, I have been working hard the whole time, but specifically more as of late} and I have really done well with clean eating. I have had some days that weren't so great diet-wise, but for the most part, I've been clean...and I'm seeing the results of that for sure. I am now a whopping ONE pound away from pre-prego weight! I am definitely differently distributed in some areas than before, but I plan to still do some work after I meet that weight. It is so nice to finally see a light at the end of this tunnel. Farrah was worth every single pound, but it is nice to feel more like ME again. I feel less and less uncomfortable in my skin these days and most of my clothes are back to fitting really well. It's a good feeling. For now, this is my mantra...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/98/d6/bc/98d6bc3b241928637f3387502968bdd9.jpg

Have a happy Easter!

Linking up with: Meet at the Barre / The Good Life / A. Liz Adventures / Carolina Charm / Hello! Happiness


Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...