Tuesday, April 14, 2015

32 Things: Happy Birthday To Me

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/happy-birthday-to-me-im-23.png


And apparently in my old age I'm having some moments of dyslexia. ;-) I certainly wish the above were true. OK, OK, it is. I'm 23 years old.......with 9 years experience.

So 32...I'm not quite sure how I feel about that number. I know it's not OLD, OK? But seriously, I'm having my 2nd Sweet Sixteen here. I remember how long it felt to get to 16...and now I've accomplished that feat...twice.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-it-s-my-2nd-sweet-sixteen.png

You like that?

Haha, anyway, I thought I'd do a fun little "About Me" birthday post...I'll list 32 gloriously random and thought-provoking things about me in honor of my 32nd. You're excited, aren't you? OK, I'll totally understand if you just "x" off this page right now....

See my 30 for my 30th here.

Still with me? Gee, you're swell.

Here goes...

1} I drink a Diet Rockstar every day. I always say I'm going to quit...and I still want to...but this might require an episode of Intervention and a stint at rehab.

2} I get my hair trimmed once, maybe twice a year. I hate losing inches when I'm trying to grow it long.

3} I love accessories, but I rarely actually wear them. 99% of the time, you will just find a wedding ring on me.

4} Over the last few years, I've been really bold with my home decor. I always stuck to neutrals in the past because I knew it looked good, but once I started brightening things up with colors I truly loved, even though they were risky, I became much happier in my own home. Some of my favorites are my living room, Tanner & Breckin's room and Farrah's nursery. I'm currently working on brightening up our master bedroom and getting rid of the "safe" blue and brown we've had for 7 years!




5} I can't wait to be a "dance mom". I really hope Farrah has a love for dancing like I do.

6} I'm currently studying to be a personal trainer and group fitness instructor. I want to focus on teaching barre.

7} The only time I've ever been out of the country is for my honeymoon in St. Maarten. I'd really love to travel more once my kids are older. And we have money.

8} My favorite colors are pink and teal. I also really love them together.

9} I have a really weird ability that I don't even try to have. I can remember dates and phone numbers like Rain Man. Just numbers in general. Even if it's someone I met once and I happened to learn their birthday at that time...if prompted, like, five years later about that person, I could tell you their birthday. Phone number too. I also just can rattle off dates of random events or occurrences like they were yesterday. If I knew your phone number when we were in elementary school, I could be asked now and be able to tell you what it was. I can address all 50+ of my Christmas cards without having to look at my address book.

10} While I was in college, I took on a full-time gig managing a Blockbuster Video...while also picking up a few hours working front desk at a tanning salon each week. I can never seem to just do one thing...I still managed to graduate college with a 3.9 GPA.

11} Lately, I want to spray paint everything - furniture- and decor-wise.

12} I'm not a coffee person.

13} My closet is organized by order of the rainbow. Purses too.


14} My favorite flower is the hibiscus.

http://www.hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com/images/heavymetalsm.jpg

15} My car was stolen the same day I had bought a new truck. My insurance company was suspicious. But it was legit. True story.

16} I have an obsession with my weight and I always have. I have gotten "healthier" about it as far as how I work to achieve the weight/size I want, but I have taken some drastic measures in the past and have tried just about every fad diet out there...anything to lose an extra 10 lbs. My postpartum weight loss attempts always take an emotional toll on me. Mainly though, I exercise and eat right because I just want to be really fit and I know the correct way to go about it now.

17} I love to do karaoke. I think it's because I really wish I was a singer.

18} I'm not a fan of mushy love stuff. It makes me uncomfortable. My poor husband likes to be mushy. I constantly tell him that I am the guy and he is the girl in our relationship. I guess it works.

19} The older I get, the more I seem to procrastinate. I'm working to reverse that trend.

20} I think I have the ability to be the do-it-all mom...you know, the Room Mom that also works full time that also finds time to workout six days a week that also has everything the kids need for school/daycare prepped and ready everyday that has a super-organized house, etc. etc. etc...??? And some days/weeks/months I do...but a lot of the time I just say f*** it...they'll be fine.

21} I didn't really get into drinking wine until after I had kids. And now I drink it a lot. A LOT. I started out a white girl, but now I'm a red girl. {Not to be taken literally because I am, in fact, still Caucasian.}

22} I don't believe in horoscopes, but I do believe in sign-associated personalities. I am most definitely an Aries.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fd/6b/12/fd6b125b0343d1c6bb18ccb75e176e2f.jpg

23} I don't really love to read, but I do love to write.

24} I'm a middle child. And yes, I do have Middle Child Syndrome...ironically, thanks to my married name, my initials are now MCS.

http://cdn.someecards.com/someecards/usercards/MjAxNC0yM2M1ZWQwNjJmZGEwOTNi.png

25} I hate when friends move away. In the last couple of years, I've lost five very close friends to moving. I miss you Corey, Taylor, Amanda, Meg & Jackie!

26} I always have to have a planner. And colorful pens to boot.

https://igcdn-photos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t51.2885-15/10354562_837505242972837_472007728_n.jpg

27} I didn't really start eating seafood until I moved to Southern California. Now my favorite meal is fish tacos...and I eat seafood all the time.

28} The biggest test of my patience in my life has definitely been my son, Tanner. He is a wonderfully, brilliant little boy, but he is borderline Asperger's so he doesn't socialize or have logic in the way that one normally would. He is a beautiful person inside and out and I constantly strive to relate to him better and be more understanding and patient with him. It is a battle, some days/moments I fail, others I succeed. I want nothing more than for him to be confident, self-assured and happy in life.


29} My favorite TV show of all time is Friends. I could watch it over and over...I am currently running it on my Netflix as my backup when nothing else is on, or just to have in the background when I'm cleaning or something. It never gets old. My favorite "friend" is Rachel...then Chandler...then Monica.

30} I may have a great opportunity at Boeing right now, but my heart is really calling me back to being a SAHM and to work on a career in the fitness industry. Passion trumps sensibility.

31} When I decide I like something, I have a tendency to go overboard...case in point: Farrah's giraffes.

And there are much more now...


32} I've recently jumped on the essential oils bandwagon and I love it! I look up recipes for everything.


Now, I'm going to go ahead and let the rest of my day go as this following article tells me it will:

32 Things That Happen The Day You Turn 32



Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...