Friday, April 10, 2015

Five on Friday

I am so glad it's Friday. For me, it sort of feels like a long weekend because I haven't been at work yesterday and today. Not that I'm relaxing, I'm taking care of baby Farrah and of course trying to take advantage of the extra time to get household chores out of the way.

Here are my five this week:

{one}

As mentioned above, I've been home with Farrah the last two days. I had planned on going back to work today since she was fine all day yesterday, but late afternoon yesterday, her fever spiked to nearly 103, so I just knew that there was something wrong other than teething. I took her to the doctor this morning and turns out she's got ear infections in both ears. Just what I thought. She's been really great though, and other than the fever, you wouldn't be able to tell anything else was wrong. She's happy and playful, so that's good. We're starting her on antibiotics today, but I may also take this opportunity to soothe her and speed the healing process along with my essential oils. I'm going to try this recipe.

Natural Ear Infection Relief
{via}
DIRECTIONS:
In a Roller Ball (Old 5 ml bottle)
Combine the following:
5 Drops of Lavender
5 Drops of Purification
5 Drops of Lemon
3 Drops of Pan Away
3 Drops of Thieves
Fill the rest with Olive Oil
Roll in Front of, Behind and Under the Ear to relieve pain. DO NOT PUT OILS IN YOUR EAR.
I'll let you know how it goes!


{two}

My Goddis Linsey cardigan arrived this week! I am in love with it. I am so glad I waited for a major price-drop though...no way could I justify $215.00 on a cardigan, unfortunately.

{ The Goddis Linsey Cardigan / Similar Items }

The colors are so vibrant in person. I am really pleased with the quality. I actually bought the last one in Starfruit on Revolve's website, however, I found the same one on the Goddis website, but at full price. Click links under my photo for other options.

{three}

I have an audition tomorrow to be a Barre instructor at a local studio here in Charleston. I am super-nervous, but I know if given the opportunity, I could be really great at it. I just have to fight through these nerves and show what I'm made of. At the very least, it will be a good experience, and if I don't get it this time, I won't let it break me, I will only work harder to attain the goal...it will all happen at the right time. I'm not yet certified in group fitness {working on it}, but I have taught dance & sculpt classes at gyms before. I really, really love Barre and I hope to become an instructor very soon. I will let y'all know what happens!

http://wellandgood.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Leg-Lift.jpg
{via}
{four}

My workout plans went out the window this week...not totally, but they definitely didn't go as planned. Next week, I plan on changing my usual routine up a bit. I think with summer rapidly approaching {and let's face it, it's actually beach weather out already}...I am going to focus more on cardio. Mondays & Wednesdays I will take barre classes and Tues/Thurs/Sun I will run. I need to start working on my running mileage anyway. Saturdays I may take in another barre class or some sort of HIIT workout.

{five}

It's Jake's USCG duty weekend, so it will just be the kids and me for a couple of days. I'd love to take them all to the pool for the first time this season...so that's definitely in the plans. Lord knows I need some sun...I'm blinding right now.

Hope you have a great weekend!







Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...