Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thoughts For Thursday: Home Updates & Other Random Info

Yesterday, this sweet little angel came down with a fever at daycare so I had to leave work a couple hours early to get her.


She was very playful and happy when I got her home, some Motrin did the trick to get her temp down {it was low-grade to begin with} and she ate normally, so I was certain I was going to let her return to daycare today, but then she woke up 2-3 times screaming and crying during the night. Even though she went back down easily each time after being consoled for a couple minutes, I felt it best to stay home with her today since it was definitely out of character for her to wake at night.

At least it's a free day to get a head start on the weekend chores...and time with Farrah is always nice.

I shared a few random shots of updated spaces around the house this week on my Instagram.

Some of you may remember my Kids' Organized Art Space from two years ago...it was one of my most pinned items...so I was extra-proud of it.


It's looking more like this nowadays...upgraded to a larger table and two chairs, changed out some pictures in the frames and of course, now there is art hanging!


In Farrah's nursery, I had a really cute wicker chair that I had spray-painted. I really still love the seat, but it wasn't the best in terms of rocking and feeding her.


I posted about the one I found the other day - painted it the same color - and now it sits in her room beautifully. It's much more comfortable for feeding her in the morning...and it's a rocker!


We're still working on the bathroom...this project has taken much longer than I thought it would {my husband has taken a few weekends off from it - much to my discontent!} I told him I needed to get back in there and get my stuff finally all put away because it's driving me crazy...so I'm hoping we see it finished soon. The last I posted about it, it looked like this:


This is what it looks like right now - basically we just need to get a new light fixture, get the mirror cut to size and hung, get a plumbing piece that we need {since he moved the sink over a bit} and to repaint the room. I'll likely move back in before we paint because I can deal with that.



Jake made the countertop himself - it is so beautiful. And he made the cabinets on top. We used the existing vanity, painted it white and he just added to it with the drawers to make it larger and provide more storage - there's even hidden toilet paper storage!

That's it for my home updates for now. Hope you're having a lovely week!


Linking Up With: Home of Malones // East Coast Chic

Become a Fashion Designer

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...