Tuesday, October 12, 2010

9 Weeks Without A Full Night's Rest...

So I've realized that I've now gone over 9 weeks without a solid night's sleep, yet somehow my motor is still running. It is amazing what we can put the body through and have it still process from day to day. I've had a few lucky nights in there where Breckin has gone a stretch of 5-6 hours, however, since I'm so USED to waking up, my motherly instincts come in and screw it up for me by making me open my eyes to look at the clock and then wonder why he hasn't woken up to eat yet...and THEN I lay there half-awake and half-worried...so I get up to go take a peek at him in his crib. Soundly breathing and sleeping. Phew. But alas, I've gone and interrupted my own sleep when I had the chance to get a good amount in. And Lord knows, I NEVER get to take a nap during the day - you see, when you also have another child, you don't get to sleep when your baby sleeps. Oh well, I'll find a way to survive. What choice do I have?

Breckin turned 2 months old on Friday. He had his doctor appointment and his first set of shots [insert my sobbing here]. He did do pretty well though. The last few days afterward though, he was being a very finicky eater and had a couple breakdowns - he would just cry and we wouldn't know what was wrong. It was heartbreaking. When you're a mom, if your child is crying and you can't figure out why or how to make him stop, you can feel like a failure and become very emotional about it. He seems to have snapped out of it for today though...he crushed 6oz of formula at his 2am feeding (he usually only gets 4oz per feeding, but I had to make him extra since he was still hungry! Probably was making up for not eating much the day before.) He got up again at 6:30 and had another 4oz. So I feel better and he seems to have his happy disposition back again.

In other news, in less than a month, Tanner will be FIVE! I still can't believe it. He seems so grown up now...I guess it seems more so when I now have a baby to compare him to...since he still was a baby in my eyes. I've gone through his toys and clothes and packed away all the little kid/baby things to be later given to Breckin in order to make room for new big boy things he will get for his birthday. I think going through the clothes is the hardest...I will see something that I swear fit him perfectly just a few months prior that has suddenly become too small...then I realize how fast he is growing up (literally). [Insert more of my sobbing here.]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...