Thursday, October 21, 2010

And Then They Go & Melt Your Heart...

If I've learned one thing as a mother, it's that your children will drive you crazy about 90% of the time and then about 10% of the time, they will do or say something so wonderful that makes that other 90% all worth it.

My son Tanner is quite the patience-tester. He is boisterous, stubborn and defiant. He definitely likes things to be done "Tanner's way". We are constantly butting heads. And I hate to say that since Breckin has been born, I feel like we butt heads even more, and I know it's because now he has to adjust to the fact that often we are on the baby's time schedule, i.e. scheduling play park outings around baby's naptime, etc.; or he doesn't always get as much attention as he has grown accustomed to. He will often throw his temper tantrums (or as I have lovingly named them: Tanner Tantrums) or he will just get overly frustrated over little things and it will drive me up the wall. But every now and then, there is a sweet moment where he lets me know that there is no one in the world he loves more than his mommy.

Yesterday, as we were getting ready to leave the house, I was in my usual focused mode trying to make sure I didn't forget anything I need for Tanner or the baby and I shooed Tanner upstairs to go put a shirt on. He called downstairs saying he couldn't reach them in his closet, so I ran up there in my hasty fashion and grabbed the first one down that I saw and as I was about to hand it to him to put on, he strokes my arm and says, "Mommy, you're so beautiful." I suddenly realized that I had no reason to be in a hurry...sometimes I need to just stop and really enjoy my children and the wonderful people that they are. And that he thought of saying I was beautiful when I was being so short and hurried with him...I definitely melted into a puddle of Mommy right then and there and gave him a big, long hug...something I should stop and do more often during the day instead of letting life get me in a hasty craze. It's funny how little lines like that can absolutely floor you and make you mentally erase all the chaos kids can cause, even if it only happens once in a while. ♥




































No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...