Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Before I Was A Blogger...

I was a writer and poet! :) This is why I love blogging so much - it gives me the chance to tap back into my creative writing talent. I recently found a poem that I wrote for Tanner 3 years ago and wanted to share it with all of you:


YOU'RE WORTH IT

Nine months of body changes,
Going through so many stages,
A painful labor,
But I knew God was doing me a favor.

Bedtime story readings,
Midnight feedings,
Up again at 2 and 4,
But loving you is never a chore.

Dirty diapers and dirty clothes,
Constantly wiping a runny nose,
Seem to never get anything done,
But I will always have time for my son.

Trips to the doctor when you're sick,
Tantrums when you scream and kick,
Disobedience and baby drama,
But I still cherish the first time you said "mama".

Never have any time for myself,
Constantly putting toys back on the shelf,
Throwing food on the rug,
But it all gets better when I get a hug.

Getting into all my stuff,
A nap that's just not long enough,
Those stressful days of craziness,
But nothing beats a "hello" kiss.

Nights when you won't go to bed,
Getting a bump on your little head,
Never-ending whines and cries,
But I can't resist those bright blue eyes.

Nights when I can't find a sitter,
Not able to go out and feeling bitter,
Don't always get to do what I want to do,
But there's nothing more fun than playing with you.

Never have the time to just relax,
Can't remember my last bubble bath,
Some days we get annoyed with each other,
But it's worth it all to be your mother.


By Morgan J. Smith


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...