Sunday, October 31, 2010

Just Say No...

to Halloween candy! Ugh!

It's finally arrived...Halloween. This marks the beginning of the rest of the year that will be filled with candies (Halloween), cakes (Tanner's birthday), heavy feasts (Thanksgiving & Christmas), and more candies and baked goods (Christmas)...but this year I HAVE to be good. I cannot give into the temptations! I'm still trying to recover from 9 months of pregnancy and this is just the sort of thing that can ruin my health and fitness attempts. I've still got my goal of 25 lbs lost by Christmas - and I've got 20 more to go. I've already been bad this past few days - my dad and his wife came to visit and of course there was a lot of eating out, drinking and we also had a birthday BBQ for Tanner complete with cake and ice cream. His real birthday is not until this Saturday, but I wanted to celebrate while my dad was here. I'm thinking I will just get him his own personal cupcake on his actual birthday so I can not be tempted by anymore frosting! Needless to say, I took a small break from my Insanity workouts while Dad & Teresa were visiting. I am jumping back on that train TODAY though...and no matter how tempting, I will NOT have a piece of Tanner's trick-or-treating candy from tonight. I may even just let him pick a few and then just give the rest to the Children's Museum...I think they run some sort of special that if you give them your leftover Halloween candy, you get free admission. Not a bad deal! Tanner definitely doesn't need all that candy either...his energy levels are dangerously high as it is! And that means a little less temptation in the house for me...and that's really the key - keeping it out of the house in the first place!

It's going to be a long holiday season...good luck to all of you in avoiding the temptations!

However, I must say that Tanner makes an adorable clown and Breckin is the cutest football ever...I'm excited to get them all dressed up and take a lot of pictures! Breckin's first Halloween! Will post those here soon!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...