Thursday, November 24, 2011

Writing Prompt: My Most Memorable Thanksgiving

Linking up this Thanksgiving Day with Mama Kat for her weekly writing prompts meme.

I chose the following prompt: "A Favorite Thanksgiving Memory"

My most memorable Thanksgiving is without a doubt, my wedding day. Yes, that's right. Hubby and I tied the knot in a very private ceremony on Thanksgiving morning in 2007 on the beach on Sullivan's Island, SC. Our engagement was only a week long...so I didn't have long to get a dress, and we were lucky his dad is a minister. We got our license to wed that week at City Hall and proceeded with our nuptials while we had a few family members in town for Thanksgiving. The only regrets I have for that day are not having any of my family members present due to the very short notice. It was just Jake's immediate family, and our son, Tanner (age 2 at the time - which is why our engagement was so short. We figured, what's the point in waiting any longer to do what's right? We of course WANTED to as well!) However, we did throw a reception party six months later in May 2008 with about 100 of our close family and friends.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from that memorable Thanksgiving (of course, a week-long engagement didn't provide time to book a professional photographer either - another one of my few regrets, but in the big scheme of things, doesn't matter all that much):

Happy Couple

The Kiss to Seal the Deal


A Happy Bride

We "Do"


The Rings


Happy Thanksgiving to You & Yours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...