Tuesday, November 15, 2011

11 Days of Thankfulness: Day Two

11 Days of Thankfulness: Day Two

I am thankful for: Having Been Able to Live by the Beach for the Past Decade

I grew up in a small town in Idaho. It was about 30,000 people, so not incredibly tiny, but small nonetheless. I craved the big city life and most especially, the ocean. In the fall of 2001, I started college in Long Beach, CA. It was my first home after graduating from high school and flying the coop.

Long Beach, CA

I am lucky that I was able to go to college in southern California (Thanks, Mom & Dad!). It is such a beautiful place and the beaches are so serene. I never wanted to leave. I wanted to settle there for life. I moved to Huntington Beach shortly after finishing college.

http://www.wildnatureimages.com/images%203/060307-081..jpg
Huntington Beach Pier

However, God had other plans (as he tends to)...and he introduced me to my USCG husband, Jake. But wait, I said U.S. COAST Guard...so when we found out he was being transferred, at least it was still to a place on the coast (duh!).

Isle of Palms, SC

So here we are in Charleston, SC, as we have been since May 2005. We go to the beach often and I am so glad that my boys get to grow up near the beach.


What are you thankful for? Link up some of your "Thanksgiving" posts in my comments section!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...