Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday Musings

I don't know about y'all, but I am O-V-E-R this cold weather. Yes, yes, I know here in Charleston what we are experiencing is pretty mild in comparison to other parts of the country - namely the Polar Vortex region...but hey, I didn't choose to live there. I'm supposed to be here in the hot and humid Lowcountry experiencing no lower than 40 at this time of year...yet apparently sometime between tomorrow and Wednesday, we have a chance of getting SNOW. I know it won't last long, but seriously? The fact that this cold front has been going on for a few weeks now isn't helping...normally we get a cold blast for a couple of days and then it's back to 60s-70s, sometimes 80s. I keep punching in the weather website and getting completely disheartened by the 10-day forecast. No end in sight right now.

OK, OK, enough about the weather. How was your weekend? We had a pretty laidback weekend altogether. On Friday night, the Hubs and I went out to celebrate his birthday. We ended up going to Longhorn Steakhouse {his choice} so he could enjoy a nice steak. Afterward, we went and saw Anchorman 2...I wanted to see Wolf of Wall Street, but it's a 3-hour movie and we had to pick up the kids still, so it wasn't a good night for it. I wasn't too impressed by the sequel...I love Will Ferrell, but he can go a little too far with far-fetched ideas and scenarios that are just plain "out there". So I was disappointed considering all the hype that the movie promotions created, but oh well. Moving on. {However, it was great seeing him when my mom and I went to the Kelly and Michael Show Live last month!}



Saturday and Sunday combined I literally did eight loads of laundry. I wish I was exaggerating. My oldest wet his bed Friday night, somehow their accumulated clothes for the week turned into three loads {I've now made a rule of them wearing PJs twice in a row, and jeans too as long as they are not dirty/stained}, then my 3yo took a nap and wet his bed, and of course I had to wash some of my clothes as well. I'm still looking at a couple of loads to do for my husband tonight! Oh the life of a mom...and somehow I'm adding in another to this crazy amount of laundry! On Sunday, we went to Jake's parents's house for a birthday lunch and cake...then we did some grocery shopping on the way home.

With the cold weather lately {and pregnancy draining every nutrient from my body}, I have been suffering from chapped lips...no matter how much chapstick I put on, it just wasn't getting better. While at Target this weekend, I happened upon this {it's in the lotion section}:




I thought, "Vaseline, this has to be good." It's tiny little container is so cute. At under $2.00, I bought three. One for Hubby, one for my purse and one to keep with my makeup to apply in the AM and PM. After just a couple days, I am already noticing a difference...a lot of the flakiness is gone. I am drinking almost a gallon of water most days for this pregnancy, so it's got to be from the weather and this sweet baby. I highly recommend this stuff if you are having a similar issue this winter.

Well, that's about all for today...have a fabulous week!



Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...