Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Life

So glad I got a weekend after returning from my trip and only having to work Thursday and Friday. Made getting back into the grind a lot easier. Well, I guess I can't say I got a weekend - I got a Saturday. I had to work on Sunday. Psh. {But in all fairness, I needed it to help make up for my unpaid vacation days.}

Anyway, not a lot went on this weekend...I started Insanity again on Thursday - woot woot! I am feeling great about it though. My brother, Jared and I made a pact to do it together {long distance} to help each other stay motivated. This will definitely help my endurance for the half marathon in October.

I decided to start things fresh with my grocery shopping this week {since our fridge was empty due to vacation.} I wanted to make a real effort at menu planning and hit up my Pinterest boards for inspiration. I planned meals for every night for a week. Friday night we had shredded chicken tacos - super healthy and easy to make.

 6 Thawed Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Jar Salsa
1 Packet Taco Seasoning

Throw together in the Crockpot and heat on Low for 8-10 hours. Chicken will shred easily with a fork. Scoop into tortillas and top with your favorite toppings! I used avocado, lettuce, tomatoes and shredded Mex.

The next night was super-easy too. I took the leftover shredded chicken and followed this recipe.



{Please excuse the torn up wall in the background - we just installed granite and still need to put up our backsplash!}

It tasted soooo good. Not tooting my own horn here or anything...but I always get sort of giddy when I cook something that turns out da bomb. My hubby is a major food critic. Nice thing was that it was another easy meal to throw together in the Crockpot. My Crockpot and I are becoming good friends...totally great for a working mom. 

After we slurped down the deliciousness of my Tortilla Soup, we had a little impromptu family party to celebrate Breckin's 2nd birthday. We flew back from Idaho the day of his birthday, so he hadn't had anything official.




I can't believe my baby is two...I just can't.

Then we had him open some presents. I got him this one today at Target...I love the wooden, non-battery toys and this was just soooo cute. Plus, he's very musical. It looks great in the playroom.






Again, I worked on Sunday, so not much to say about that. I also did an Insanity workout, as well as a good training run to prep for my half marathon in October, so I'm totally proud of myself. Maybe I should have some more of Breckin's birthday cake? Nah. I'll be good.

Hope y'all had a great weekend...xoxo.

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...