Tuesday, August 21, 2012

{Charleston Artist Series} Betty Anglin Smith

Charleston, SC is home to many fine art galleries. As an artist myself, I am so happy to live in such a creative little city. I especially enjoy attending the French Quarter Art Walks that are held four times a year. Local art galleries open their doors and offer wine and hors d'eouvres to the many art admirers as they walk throughout as many of the 30 or 40 art galleries in Downtown Charleston's French Quarter that they can.

One of my favorite local artists of recent is Betty Anglin Smith.


via


Her work just speaks to me...her works are expressionist, dramatic and full of lively color...and most of them are beach or other Lowcountry scenes. They are just breathtaking.


October Sunset


Low Tide

Island Lagoon


You can see more like these at their local Charleston gallery, Smith Killian Fine Art. I hope to own one of her pieces someday.

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...