Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Drink For The Lady?

I am so eager to get started on this garage-sale-stand-turned-bar-cart project I mentioned in a post last week. I have so much inspiration that I simply haven't been able to 100% decide which direction I want to go in - color, etc. Do I want to go bright and vivid, vintage glam, or play it safe? {I think I can take Option 3 out of there, I never like to play it safe with fun DIY projects!}

Let's look at what I'm working with again:




I know she's not pretty right now...and I think I'm pretty sure I don't want to keep her black {though it does match my current dining table, however, I plan on changing up that table and chairs soon anyway...but that's another story for another day.}

I've already resolved that I'll need a piece of glass to fit the top...another option I've thought of is a mirrored top, but not sure I want to cover the geometric design of the top, it sort of gives it a little character. I want the glass or mirror to stick out a couple inches from each side. I would also love to find a way to get casters on the legs so it will actually be a cart rather than just a bar.

Here are the gorgeous bar carts that I've been eyeing for inspiration:


via



The more I think about it, I'm leaning toward gold. It would play off the new yellow tones I've added to my home as well as be a bit glam...but we'll see.



via



But a bright color looks fun too...



via


Can't wait to get started on it and show you the final project!


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

I am so excited to see how this turns out! :) Gold barcarts are amazing and totaly glam! i love it :)

love K

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...