Monday, November 19, 2012

My Gym Routine: Shoulders

Welcome back to my little mini-series, My Gym Routine!

Today, I am letting you in on my favorite shoulder exercises.

Here is the schedule of posts for your reference:
Mon 11.5.12 - Glutes
Mon 11.12.12 - Legs {Thighs, Hamstrings, Calves} 
Mon 11.19.12 - Shoulders
Mon 11.26.12 - Back
Mon 12.3.12 - Chest
Mon 12.10.12 - Triceps
Mon 12.17.12 - Abs

I think shoulders are one of the more overlooked body parts when it comes to working out. Many of us, especially women, tend to focus on our trouble zones (legs, butt, tummy, etc), but it is extremely important to build your shoulder muscles to protect the tissues and joints that hold them together. Shoulders are a common area for injuries to occur. Simply lifting something wrong with a weak shoulder can cause a tear that only a surgery could repair.

Here are the exercises I recommend you do once or twice a week to keep your shoulders shapely and strong:

Front Shoulder Raises

via
I typically grab a pair of light weights {3-5 lbs} and do 3 sets of 15 reps.

Dumbbell Lateral Raises

via

For the lateral raises, I do the same as the front raises - 3 sets of 15 reps with a light weight.




Dumbbell Shoulder Press


via
For presses, I go a little heavier, usually around 10 lbs each arm and do 3 sets of 15.




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...