Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Turkey Day Run: Race Recap

Ok...so I have to officially say I hate the chip timing system. Hate.

I feel like my time is never logged right in the end. {Let's not forget last month's Race for the Cure when my time chip apparently didn't even log my actual!}

So let's hash this out...the race officially started at 9am. I was in the second wave which started at 9:03. So the clock had been running 3 minutes before I was able to start. When I hit the end of the race, I remember looking up at the time and seeing 34:54...then of course, due to bottlenecking, was unable to get my timer under the finish line until sometime after 35 min, apparently 35:09, because my time on the website says this:


BUT, if I go to my RunKeeper app, I show that I ran FURTHER than 3.1 miles {not by much} and know that my app had been running for at least two minutes before I actually started moving:



I suppose this chip time was close, but due to the bottlenecking at the start and at the end of the race, I'd estimate my actual time to be right at about 30:30 - 31:00 minutes. So pretty much the same as last month's Race for the Cure. My next run is the Reindeer Run, hopefully I can really push it then! I'd so love to see a time UNDER 30 minutes.

Going to trudge through with my half marathon training this week!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Sorry about your chip time!

On another completely different note, how do you get your map to post to facebook. Mine just only posts the time and distance.

Morgan S. said...

Hi Sabrina, Thanks for stopping by! I use the RunKeeper app with my iPhone...so it tracks me via GPS. Somehow it just posts the map after I'm done with my workout, on the phone, it gives me the option to "post to Facebook" and I just do that. What app are you using? Hope this helps! Thanks for following!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...