Friday, October 11, 2013

Five on Friday


THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

{one}
Probably the biggest and best thing about this week was getting our first ultrasound on Tuesday. He or She has a healthy heartbeat and all looks well thus far:



I was actually 8w5d on this day per my LMP, but baby measured 8w3d. Maybe got preggers later in my cycle? Anyway, I'm 9w1d today {they are still going to go by my LMP date for the due date}. May 15th can't come fast enough!

Oh, and as for that Ramzi method...my hunch is that it's a girl, but this pic is hard to tell. If placenta is on right, it's a boy, if it's on left, it's a girl {97.5% chance}. So looking at this, my placenta is actually at the top {of course}, but if I'm looking at where baby's stomach would be and where the cord would link to the placenta, I'm thinking it's upper left {so a girl}? What do you think? Guess I'll truly have to wait until our 20 week ultrasound in December.


{two}
We made it to the pumpkin patch on Sunday! Read the post here.



{three}
The weather was bit cooler and more "fall" this week. I got my cardigan in the mail that I ordered last week and I am excited to get into fall wear because I'm already showing a little {thanks to 3rd baby}, but I'm in that "is it a beer belly or a pregnant belly" phase and I really hate it. I just look fat to those who don't know! It will be nice to cover up more with scarves and sweaters. Give me another 4-5 weeks and I'll be 13-14 weeks but look more like 25 weeks. Trust me, that's how this uterus rolls. As long as I can lose it at the end, it's all good.

Rip Curl Driftwood Sweater at PacSun.com


{four}
Thanks to the lovely Caycee, I ordered this sweater/dress. I think it will be great for bump and beyond though...love the colors!


{five}
Started getting some crazy ideas for what I'm going to do with myself once this baby comes. So far, Hubby and I have come to the realization that at my current pay, I'll have to leave my job because it makes absolutely no sense to pay daycare as it would pretty much eat up what I make a week with 2.5 kids' worth of daycare costs. I'm excited to stay home, though it may be a bit hard on us financially for a little while...but my thoughts this week have really leaned toward using some of that time to go back to school. I have an Associate's in Graphic Design, but I'd really love to get something more career-oriented. I've been thinking about Dental Hygiene, or maybe even just Business Administration. I really want to be able to get a better job when I re-enter the working world in a few years, so I think school is the way to go. I am also planning on using the time to FINALLY get my personal training certificate. I could possibly do some of that on the side while going to school and balancing motherhood! Anyway...these are just thoughts, but I'm excited for the opportunities this hiatus from work will allow and I plan on using the time to DO SOMETHING.

I saw this quote years ago in the signature block of a friends email. At the time I was questioning whether or not I should go back to school and get my degree. After I read this quote it grabbed my heart and attention, and 2 years later I completed my Bachelors Degree.*Kb

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/57/13/a1/5713a1ec249f6962c0b4ffd2214c01cd.jpg
Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...