Monday, October 14, 2013

Monday Musings

A few things this lovely Monday...

First of all - I've officially applied to college! {I know I'm quick, huh? I think I just mentioned the idea in Friday's post?} I've applied to Trident Technical College here in Charleston because I've heard their Dental Hygienist program is pretty stellar. The only issue is that they are full until Spring 2016 at the moment, BUT depending on my 10-years-old art college transcripts {I currently hold an Associates of Science in Graphic Design}, I may or may not have to get some prerequisites out of the way anyway, so I am going to start there for now. I have to wait to talk to the admissions counselor about all of that. I'm excited though...if I have to take some of the pre-reqs, I can start them online as soon as January hopefully, so possibly starting earlier than I had thought! And I can still consider other Dental Hygienist programs later if they can get me in earlier, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.


http://theoneinpink.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/10992694_ixao2XNS_c.jpg


Second...I don't know if you heard the sad news, but hottie Charlie Hunnam has dropped out of the role to play Christian Grey in 50 Shades. I'm sad because he's super hot, but truth be told, I still had a hard time picturing him as that character, so maybe it's for the best.


‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Replacing Charlie Hunnam as Christian Grey


Third, not a lot went on this weekend. I had one of those just get things done weekends. I had to return library books, plan a menu for the next two weeks until I get paid again, go grocery shopping, clean house and do laundry...you know the "mom" stuff. And of course being pregnant...it's like, what's the point of going out anymore when I can't even enjoy a glass of wine or a cocktail?

I am looking forward to trying out some new recipes I found...one for breakfast is this Acai bowl that Andee Layne at The Honeybee makes {and if you look at her, you KNOW why I would follow her diet!}


 

1 packet frozen Acai
1/2 cup frozen organic blueberries
1/2 cup frozen organic strawberries
1/2 cup organic apple juice (or whatever juice you have on hand)
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
topped with 1/4 cup granola

It actually is pretty similar to the protein smoothies I make {sans the whey protein}, but served in a bowl with a little crunch on top. I bought some Chia seeds at Trader Joes to throw into the mix as well.

To be completely honest {and accountable}, this last week or two, my diet has not been wonderful...as easy as it is to say you're going to have a fit pregnancy, it is sooooo hard when you are feeling nauseous and nothing but carbs makes you feel better. But, I've started to come out of that little nauseous phase in my pregnancy, and hopefully I can stick to my healthy menu from now on. I've still been at the gym and all...but you can't do much good when your diet is all amiss.

Here's a little snapshot of some of the meals I've got planned over the next couple of weeks:


1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6

Have a great week! xoxo

Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...