Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Project: Shared Boys' Room is Underway

So over the weekend, or I should really say, packed into a couple hours on Sunday evening on a whim, I started making some headway on preparing the boys' shared room. We are going to be using Breckin's room {both of their rooms are the exact same layout, just opposite each other} because I am sticking with the orange and navy theme and since his is just that, it made for moving less decor and things off the walls, etc. Plus, the advantage of not immediately having to move Tanner's queen bed and dresser set to storage or sell it was a nice perk. We won't be doing anything to the nursery until we find out what we are having, sometime in December.

We ordered the bunk beds and I imagine they'll arrive sometime this week, which was the reasoning for getting the room started. We ordered this one from Walmart for a few reasons...the wooden ones were all very expensive, and then reading the reviews on how despite the pricing many of them were cheap particle board material and not super-sturdy...I just didn't want to waste our time or money on something that my literally be a piece of crap. So we went with the black metal because all the reviews were so great and it's on sale right now for $179.00 - a really good deal for a twin-over-full bunk bed.

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/02/99/86/31/0002998631361_500X500.jpg
{via}
Obviously making a once single person space into a shared space for two is going to pose it's storage challenges. We'll be combining a lot of their toys, as well as sharing dresser and closet space for clothing. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve and plan on sharing a lot of those here with you as I tackle this big project. I can't wait to show you the big reveal very soon!



Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...