Friday, October 17, 2014

Mother/Daughter Rainbow Brite Costumes

Truth be told, I've wanted to dress up as Rainbow Brite for Halloween for a loooooong time. What can I say? I love rainbows. This year, I had the perfect idea of having Farrah and me both be Rainbow Brite! I figured, I'd definitely get use out of the rainbow legwarmers on her, so why not?


Of course my first instinct was to search the internet for Rainbow Brite costumes and I found this for me...


and this for Farrah...

Rainbow Ruffled Bottom Bubble Romper Baby Girl 3 Piece Outfit
{via}
But between the prices and the costs for shipping, I was spending way more than I thought was worth my while. I know I could easily piece the basic items together myself and come up with something.

We will start with mine. I went on the search for a royal blue dress and ended up finding this at Forever 21 for $15.80. What I like about it is that it's not a "costume", it's totally a dress I could just have in my closet for wearing!

{via}
I then found the rainbow leg and arm warmers for just over $10 plus shipping on a site that sold them separately from the costume.

{via}
For $25 and some change, I had my outfit! I have a red belt that I will use and probably fashion a rainbow on it somehow to complete the look.

Now for Farrah, I looked for a basic royal blue onesie, and surprisingly was hard-pressed to find one. I then ran a search for "blue onesie with rainbow" hoping for a miracle, and I found even better than what I set out to find.

{via}

I mean, seriously???! It was $16.99, so a little more than I wanted to spend, but I got it larger because I plan on having her wear it tons.

And I found these baby leggings on Etsy for $5.50.

{via}

It was actually my bad because I then found that I did already have rainbow Baby Legs for her that I forgot about, but I will use them as her arm warmers if it happens to be cold on Halloween. But regardless, for just over $20, I had Farrah's costume. Not too shabby.

I already have this headband for her from an outfit I ordered for her when I was pregnant and I plan on having her wear it with the costume.

{via}
So I encourage you, whether it's Rainbow Brite you want to be, or something else, always look for ways to DIY your own costume or piece it together - you may just save a lot more money and end up getting more bang for your buck!

Happy Halloween!

Of course, I couldn't end this post without sharing a picture of Farrah and me all dressed up:




No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...