Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Closet Turned Pretty Pantry


I can't even begin to tell you how this has been such a long time coming...we were in such dire need of a decent-size pantry. We'd been using one set of kitchen cabinets up to this point.

Our house is a little strange...no pantry, not a lot of kitchen cabinet storage...and this little in-betweener closet {Is it a coat closet? Supply closet? Pantry?} It just wasn't really in ideal condition to serve as any of those options...and I definitely tried my hand at all of them in the space. Almost five years later, this is what it was looking like:



Yep, one ugly catch-all concealed by a door. Not really serving the purpose it could be. I made the decision that I finally wanted to have Jake custom-build it out into a pantry.

First we started with removing those standard wire shelves. Jake went to his workshop and built a set of shelves and a couple of floating shelves. He then installed them and primed and painted them white. I also wanted to add some subtle color to the walls, so we went with the "Sublime" green paint we had originally used on our kitchen walls {though those are being repainted gray soon}.



As far as containers, I mostly used what I had around the house, and those blue ones are from the dollar store. And I've been slowly building my fresh food container collection. I already had those labeled with chalkboard labels in our cabinet pantry.




I created some labels for the bins.


And here she is in all her glory! It's such a nice change.




Eventually I plan on turning the back of the door into our menu planning central...post to come on that. And the wall to the right will  be used to hang our broom, mop, etc.

So what do you think? Please remember to "pin" it if you love it! xoxo

Update 3.25.13 - I've been asked as a guest on I'm Topsy Turvy's Closet Organization link-up for March...this is the post being featured.

Members of the Point of View:
Stephanie from Crafting in the Rain
Leanne from Organize and Decorate Everything
Amy from Ameroonie Designs
Jonie from Just between Friends
Ashlee from I'm Topsy Turvy
 
point-of-view

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

*View the parties I link up to here. Also, new parties I have found to link up to this week are:

10 comments:

Miranda @ Someday Crafts said...

I love this transformation!! My pantry needs some help, in a big way! Thanks for linking up at Whatever Goes Wednesday. Just wanted to let you know that this will be featured at Someday Crafts later this afternoon.

Unknown said...

Super Cute! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, girls! It has been so nice to have a real pantry!

Sarah Yoder said...

This looks so great! I do have the luxury of a pantry but I always feel like it is such a mess! Love your plastic basket idea! :) Going to pint this...I'm visiting from the Talkin' about Thursday blog hop! Stop by and say hi sometime!
hppt://www.linleyhouse.com
-Sarah

Julia Kendrick said...

I love it! So pretty and I love the colors! I pinned it for inspiration and would lov efor you to link this up at my linky party today at www.juilakendrick.com! Hope you have a great day!

Hannah Hutslar said...

Thank you for stopping by my pantry makeover! Yours look amazing! Don't you just love the Dollar Tree?!

Hannah
Lovely Little Life blog

Virginia Fynes said...

Great re-organization! I love my pantry I don't know how people live with out them!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

What a beautifully done makeover! I love the shelves- they are lovely. So glad you joined us this month for our Point of View!
xoxo,
Amy

Stephanie said...

This looks awesome, and such a pretty transformation! I have some of those same baskets too :)

Hani said...

Love the change.. So neat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...