Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thursday Randomness

Ah yes, finally getting closer to that weekend now...I can feel it! Happy Thursday, y'all! Not much going on around these parts...we decorated Easter eggs last night {and Breckin only managed to break ONE!}


Also, if you haven't read them already, I suggest you hop on over to Skinny Mom and view my latest posts on dehydration, and also calf-toning exercises {hey, summer is on the way, and you need to be ready!} If you don't already follow Skinny Mom, I suggest you start - there are a lot of great mommy bloggers on there posting all sorts of articles on fitness, health, fashion, food and more. I'm so proud to be a part of it. You don't even have to be a mom to gain some good info from this site!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=74655041



I feel like I'm finally on a roll getting things organized and projects done around the house. I've posted lately about our pantry makeover, the kids' art area, the organized bathroom vanity cabinet and even starting to get Tanner's room finished - see his upholstered bulletin board and his monogram art. I plan on revealing the boys' rooms soon, but I reeeeaaaalllly would love to paint them first, however, I don't know if that will happen in the next couple of months, so I may just have to post them as-is and then update once I finally am able to get them painted. Speaking of paint, we are finally going to paint our kitchen and living room a light gray...this was my final thing needed to call the kitchen makeover complete. The plan is to do it the weekend after Easter.

Speaking of the weekend after Easter, I've got the Cooper River Bridge 10K coming up that Saturday morning. For those of you not familiar, this is a crazy-popular race. It draws in over 40,000 participants. Last year, my time was 1:12, and it was my first-ever 10K...I had never run that distance all at once in my life before that. Since then, I had started training for a half marathon, and actually got to where I was running over 6 miles without a race to push me {this is big progress for me!} I fell out of training during the holidays, so I am not quite in the running shape I'd like to be, but I'm still hoping I can clock a faster time this year. Check out this craziness:

I just love participating in local races.

I am definitely in need of some new running shoes though. I'm thinking these:

Nike Air Alvord 10 Trail Running Shoes - Women
{source}


or these {mostly because they are fun, but also supposed to be good}:

ASICS GEL-Frantic 7 High-Performance Running Shoes - Women
{source}

But, I'm willing to take suggestions on any great running shoes y'all might have to recommend!

Soooo glad we're getting closer to the Easter weekend - we've got a lot of fun planned for the kids and some family coming to visit. Plus, we'll finally be graced with some nice weather after this crazy late March cold front we have been experiencing {so odd for Charleston}! xoxo

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...