Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Musings: Hooray for DST!

Did y'all enjoy the extra hour of sunshine last night, or what?  I surely did with a glass of wine out on the back deck.

 

Oh-em-gee, let me tell you how long I have been waiting for DST...OK, probably don't have to tell you, but it's pretty much been since it ended last November.

But anywho, Saturday was a pretty good day...I started off the day with barre class, then the boys and I took a trip to the library and spent some time playing outside. It was a pretty nice day, I was able to air out the house by opening all the windows - love when I get to do that.

Later that evening, we got to go to our favorite Mexican restaurant, Los Arcos, to celebrate Jake's mom's birthday...had been a while since I enjoyed a margarita {I call them Morga-ritas..tee hee}.

I started out Sunday morning trying my hand at my own little recipe for protein banana pancakes. They turned out delicious and I will be sharing the recipe with y'all here on Thursday. Guilt-free pancakes, anyone? I think so. The kids gobbled them right up, so I knew they were a hit. I have been more conscientious about eating clean lately...even with all the exercise I do, I know that abs are made in the kitchen and you can't out-exercise a bad diet. Your body's tone is about 85% dependent upon what you eat.

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day...nice temps here in Charleston, SC...so we took advantage and went to the play park.

 

 


I know what you may be thinking, but no, Breckin does not suffer from Tourette's...he's just always being loud and goofy like that.

After the play park, we went home to recoup and then headed over to my friend, Suz's house to play with her kids, Max and Ava. I love spending time with her and her kids because our kids are so close in age and play well together, while also occupying each other, so Suz and I can catch up and have some adult conversation! {Usually I work full-time outside the home, but haven't for the last month and a half, so I definitely understand one's need to get out and be with adults!}

We then went home and Hubby served us tilapia with a side of steamed veggies and it was delish. A great way to end a weekend. Of course with above-mentioned wine on the back porch.

Hope y'all have a great week! I'm starting off today working the opening shift at the gym and then barre class straight after. I'm loving this new schedule of barre class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays...I definitely feel the burn in my core, buns and thighs! Bikini season, here I come!

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Morgan, Love your Blog! I nominated you for a Liebster Award!!! Go check out the details on my blog!

http://www.maybeiwill.com/2013/03/i-am-honored-and-humbled-to-announce.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...