Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Five

Hey y'all - Happy Friday! Cheers to the freakin' weekend, right? Man, it's been chilly here in Charleston! It was so windy the other day, a triangular sign stand flew into my car door at the gas station and I had to squeeze my way out of the car. {Luckily no vehicle damage, but sheesh!}

This weekend is supposed to bring some low 70s temps here in the Lowcountry...I'm thinking Sunday is a definite beach day provided it still looks to be clear and sunny. It is March, OK? I mean, I am done with this winter shit.

Anywho...here are some fabulous finds for my Friday Five...enjoy!

One.

One of my fave style mavens, Emily Maynard, just launched a new lifestyle and fashion blog...can't wait to read it on the daily! Just love that girl's style and she is so dang cute. After all, she is the one that inspired my Minnetonka Moccassin Boots purchase!

rsz_img_2622

Two.

This cute little clover charm...I think it would be perfect to sport on St. Patty's Day, or even just "for luck".

Clover Necklace - Gold Four Leaf Clover Pendant . Gifts for Her . 24K Gold-Dipped Sterling Silver
{source}

Three.

Barre classes. Yep, started going to them again. My gym now has them for FREE. {I know, right?!} I work at the gym now until 8am on the mornings I work, and then there are classes at 8:15am, so I stick around and take them. I went on Monday AND Wednesday this week and I FEEL THE BURN, y'all. And I workout very regularly...so when I say it was brutal, I mean it. I plan on going tomorrow morning too. Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays will be my new schedule with those classes for sure. I also still have a Living Social coupon for 4 classes at Barre Evolution, where I took my very first barre class last summer. Here's to a toned bikini bod! I recommend you try.

Pure Barre! Gave up my gym rat memberships and going to PB full time!
{source}

Four.

I'm at no shortage for maxi dresses by any means {I live in them in the summertime}, but I am seriously considering purchasing this maxi dress for the beach...how super-easy it is to throw on and off...great for heading out to the beach bar for an afternoon cocktail right off the beach.



Five.

Lastly, I've been fixated on prepping my wardrobe for spring and summer fashion...looking to Pinterest for great ideas and seeing what I already have that I can use to recreate some of the looks...definitely think I need some sort of bulletin board in my closet to manually "pin" pictures of outfits too so I can look to it when getting dressed in the AM {lightbulb!} But here's an outfit I found that I just L-O-V-E:

Shorts, stripes, heels, great spring outfit.
{source}


Definitely recreating that with my navy and white striped Gap tee and nude heels. Just need a great pair of nude shorts. And that Celine bag...actually, some might not like that I say this, but I read about so many style bloggers lovin' on that bag right now, but I sorta think it looks like a Lego man face...nice bag, but it's definitely staring at me.

Happy weekend, y'all! xoxo

 
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

jess said...

Your blog looks great - I would love the dress and charm! Especially if the dress was accompanied by lovely summer weather! Also, barre is insane. I don't think I've ever gone to a barre class and NOT had my legs shaking in the first 5 minutes. Ugh, nothing makes me feel so weak as a barre class :P

jess
Wanderlusted

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...