Monday, July 8, 2013

Monday Musings

Hey y’all! Hope you had a great weekend celebrating our nation’s freedom! I was blessed with a 4-day weekend {let’s be honest, I made that shit happen…no way was I going to work my 4am shift at the gym on Friday. I gave that away. Ain’t no one got time fo’ that.}

4th of July was great – we went to a pool party at a house a block from our spot at the beach, then when it came time, we walked down the boardwalk to get the boys some ice cream and then headed out to the sand to lay out a blanket and sit and watch the big fireworks show. The boys really enjoyed it. {Aside from the fact my husband had to go tell some obnoxious, cursing, crude drunk guys to watch their mouths because they were in mixed company – kids/families, etc. – thankfully it didn’t start any sort of fight, but I’m glad he had the guts to do the right thing for everyone else trying to enjoy the show with their little ones. I can’t believe some people sometimes – no class, no clue; just plain stupid.}

Anyway, I believe I spent Friday catching up on some chores around the house so I could concentrate on enjoying the rest of the weekend. But the boys and I made popsicles out of frozen berries and yogurt {will share that recipe on here with you soon} and they did a bit of running around in the sprinkler, despite the rainy weather. {If you’re already wet from a sprinkler, what’s a little rain?} I also finally managed to find some great pillows for my patio at Kohl’s! They are perfect. I can’t wait to finally reveal this patio makeover on here. Hubby and I sit out there at night a lot now and chat over wine. It’s a nice end to our sometimes crazy-hectic days.

Four Square Decorative Pillow
{source}


On Saturday, Hubby worked because he has a lot going on right now to keep up on, so I took the boys to Splash Zone at James Island County Park with my friends Bill & Suz and their kids. It was a great water park – first time I had been to it.

We started off Sunday with church and headed out the beach after that. Once we got home, Suz invited us over for pool and BBQ fun, so we did that too. Gotta love impromptu dates with friends.

And that brings us to Monday – back to the reality of five-day work weeks. And man, have I got to get back on track! I’m sipping a protein shake made out of nothing but a scoop of vanilla whey, Greek nonfat yogurt and frozen berries as I’m writing this. I had a major “fat” week last week…just felt pudgy…and it didn’t help that my bosses were in town treating me to lunch every day. So with that and then the holiday weekend eating and drinking, well, I’ve got to lock it up. And if you’re feeling the same way, I invite you to head over to The Gym Bunny, my fitness blog, and join in on the Pinterest Fitness Board Challenge I just launched today. I hope you’ll like it and join in on the challenge. Check it out!




Happy Monday!
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...