Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Wonder That Is Social Media

What's pretty cool about social media sometimes is that it can seemingly link you closer to celebrities you love. {Hopefully not in a stalker-status sort of way.}

I was just perusing through my notifications on Instagram this morning when I noticed this:


See that little arrow I made? It's pointing out the fact that Todd Leduc (@toddleduc) liked my photo on Instagram that mentioned him.

Here's a closeup of the description I had posted with the photo:



He simply must have run a search on anything with the hashtag #toddleduc, but STILL! Kinda cool. And notice, his sponsor is Rockstar. He was meant to discover me eventually.

This isn't the first time this has happened. When I raved about my Minnetonka Moccasins, it wasn't long before the company followed me on Twitter and re-tweeted me. Remember these tweets I mentioned in the past?



Anyway, I just thought I would share. What are the coolest interactions you've had on social media?

Oh, FYI, you may not have known this, but I LOOOOOOOOOVE monster trucks and offroad racing. And now my little guy does too. ♥

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

K said...

I hashtagged one of my favorite artists (Brian Kesinger) in an Instagram picture of a framed print of his my husband gave me for my birthday, and he commented "Happy Birthday!" It made the best birthday ever even better! Also one of my favorite author's runs a super fun Facebook group for her books, and she is very good about responding to posts on the page, and even used a picture I posted of a dress I made on one of her blogs! I had a total happy dance moment for both of those. Social media really is amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...