Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Family Update: It's Been Awhile {Again}

I realize that now that I run a total of 3 blogs....call me crazy or call me organized {or both}...I have a hard time keeping up with this one. I was actually thinking about shutting this one down...but then I reminisced through a few posts and found this one. I realized why I do have the family blog separate from my other blogs. In a way, it's like a diary that my boys, Jake and I can look back on and cherish the memories together. It's a diary to the boys about the young moments they might not remember clearly. So that being said, I am going to keep this family journal of sorts running, though I may not update often, I'll sure try. And I'll link to some posts on my other blogs that pertain to some family stuff so as not to be redundant over here. I do hope you'll follow Style Oyster & Gym Bunny too though.

So my last family update was from January through April...let's go over May through June. I think we actually left off just before my 30th birthday, which was April 14th, and I mentioned Jake having a big surprise planned. Well, go here to see what that surprise ended up being. I was in awe.

Additionally, in April, my dad and his wife Teresa came for a visit. It was such a nice weekend with them and I'm so glad they could make the trip. We don't get to see them often enough.

May was fairly uneventful {in a good way}. We did the normal things around here...work, school, etc. We also found some beach outing opportunities. The best beach trip hands-down was the one where Tanner found a crisp $100 bill on the sand dunes. {Lucky kid, right? The most I had ever found before that was a $20. Now it's $40, since last week at a concert I found two folded up 20s on the sidewalk - Jake and I donated it toward our beer for the concert.}





We did also get a rare Breckin-only weekend. Tanner got to go to Carowinds with Nana & Papa {Jake's parents}, so we spent a weekend just enjoying little Breckin and giving him some special attention. We took him to the Children's Museum, which he just loved. More info and pics from that weekend can be seen here.


June was a big month for us. Tanner graduated the 1st grade and we left the day after to spend a week in Florida visiting Disney World and Sea World. It was awesome. It was nice to have our first family vacation - just the four of us.


I really need to do a separate post for all the pictures from that trip. Five parks in 7 days was a lot of photo opportunities!

And that bring us to July...I feel like this summer has just gone by too fast. Tanner starts back at school in 3 weeks. I have thankfully gotten everything ready to go - being an early bird this year. I quit my 2nd job at the gym the other week...it was just time to be done. The 3am wake-ups three days a week just became to tiresome. And with school starting, I really wanted to be there in the weekday AMs for my boys. Jake and I managed to get to two concerts this month - OAR {a fave band of his} and then a Michael Jackson cover/tribute band at the Windjammer on Isle of Palms. Here we are at OAR:



And with our friends at the Windjammer:


And to end this post, here are some fun random summer pics of the boys:







Until next time!
Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...