Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Family Update - Been A While!

I have not posted here since January. I know this is not my main blog, but I feel guilty neglecting it nonetheless. There are so many things to update about since my last post on here.

Let's start with January:

I unexpectedly got laid off from my job at Boeing. It was stressful, but I luckily was able to get on quite a few interviews right away {6 in one week!}. Two weeks later, I had a job offer. I felt so blessed with the job market being what it is right now.

We had a new niece born - Peyton Grace.

February:

I started my new job - it's really cool right now because I actually get to work from home, and not really full-time. But I get paid full-time. They are a Dubai-based plastics manufacturer and wanted to open an office in Charleston to handle the US accounts. I am pretty much on-call and help with setting up the office, check my emails, etc. and am really still waiting on training since my manager has not been back in the US since he hired me. I guess I can just enjoy the free time for now. I also got a second job working at the gym on M, W, F mornings from 4:30-8.

Jake went back to Illinois mid-February to attend his grandfather's funeral. It was a sad time, but it had been a long time coming and we are all so glad he is no longer suffering.

I won tickets on the radio to see Rascal Flatts and The Band Perry {also meet The Band Perry} on Valentine's Day. It made an awesome date for the romantic occasion as we really didn't have much else planned.


March:

March started off on a very sad note. On March 1st, we lost our Tundra. For those of you that don't know, I got her off of Craigslist back in September. She was a Siberian Husky, estimated to be around 6 years old. Right off the bat, I found out she had heartworm. I opted to have it treated, and she was finally done with all of that in December. I thought things would start looking up, and I was able to walk her again, but somewhere around end of January, her breathing started sounding really bad. I stopped walking her as a precaution and waited it out a couple weeks to see if there was improvement. There wasn't so I took her to the vet for a chest x-ray and it looked really bad. They couldn't tell me exactly what it was, so we tried some antibiotics and anti-inflammatory meds to no avail. Her breathing continued to worsen and I ended up telling Jake that we probably had to put her down since she was suffering and we couldn't spend any more money than we already had with an outlook so grim. To our surprise, the vet offered to take her if we relinquished her an they would try some things pro-bono. Unfortunately, I found out later that she did not make it through that weekend. Turned out she had cancer that had spread all throughout her lungs and chest. She was a sweetheart and did not deserve to suffer the way she did. My only solace is that we were able to give her a loving home for the last 6 months of her life.


Later in the month, Jake surprised me by getting a puppy {from a breeder this time}. She is a Boston Bulldog {English Bulldog & Boston Terrier X}. We named her Sugar. She is so sweet and has definitely helped in my grieving. I greatly miss Tundra, but it's nice to have another dog around. She is very playful with the boys and quite a character. I love her so much already.


And now that brings us to April:

I am anxiously awaiting my 30th birthday this Sunday. I know Jake has some sort of surprise planned {he's bad at even keeping that part a secret} and I am excited for the entire weekend - we'll do beach and downtown of course. I am actually looking forward to this decade...I hear it's the best and I plan on approaching it that way.

Tanner has been doing very well in school, much better behaviorally so we are very happy about that. We are finally getting to a good place with all of that. It has been a long road, and I know it's not over, but it is nice to know we are going in a good direction now. He is happy, sweet and maturing more and more each day. We just love him.

Breckin is starting to test us now, but he's two, so of course we expected that. He is still sweet and fun-loving as always and just adored by anyone who cares for him. 





We are looking forward to a summer filled with beach and pool outings, popsicles, play parks, library trips, movies, sleepovers and more.

We also just finished repainting our living room and kitchen- thank the Lord! View that update on my other blog by clicking here.

Thanks for keeping up with us! xoxo


Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...