Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Thirty Before 30: Update

OK y'all, I am 12 days away from my Big 3-0. I don't know why I make such a big deal about it, but it just kinda feels like it IS a big deal, ya know? I think I have high expectations for my 30s...I look back at my 20s and while there are loads of great memories, there are just things I'd take back if I could, or I wish I had done differently...had I had the wisdom I do now. I think I would make some smarter choices about friends, and definitely not bend over too far backward for those that aren't willing to do the same for me. I think I would have the courage to say more of what exactly is on my mind, rather than sugar-coating it for fear of scrutiny or judgment. Now that I've lived these lesson-teaching years, I feel confident in moving forward as a person who has grown so much, who has become better than I used to be {I'll be the first to admit I had a lot of growing up to do} and I won't put up with the bullshit and drama I found myself surrounded by at times. I want a more positive life; to only put time into the people and things that matter {because time truly is something we never have enough of, so it shouldn't go to waste}. I plan on making my 30s the best decade of my life. There will be such great moments as I watch my children grow up, grow closer and more in love with my husband, travel and experience new things and find time for the hobbies I truly love - like art, dance, fitness and this here blog of mine {tee hee}.

That being said, this will probably be the last update of this Thirty Before 30 list...I definitely didn't do everything I had set out to do, but now I know where to start off my 30s...and hopefully I'll have a new list of to-do's for my 40th.


1. Run a Half Marathon {Scheduled for October 21st, 2012 in Myrtle Beach} Common sense came upon me and I realized that training for this during July/August/September in the South when I'm not already a seasoned runner is just plain cray-cray. I've still got the goal and just re-started my training on 10/1 to run the Charleston 1/2 Marathon in January.  Good God, I am sucking at this one. A surgery in December put me out for the 1/2 marathon in January (fell out of training and wasn't ready). Planned to do one in March, but I honestly think I'll be pushing this back to the Fall. My running has definitely improved, so I'm not at a loss personally, but I'm just a little nervous about doing one yet. {4.2.13 - I'm still planning to try for one in the fall, hey, at least I'll still BE 30...}
2. Start Selling My Art - seriously need to find the time to paint because I really want to do this. I have been seeking inspiration lately and plan to get going with my first collection hopefully in time for Christmas. OK...need to get on this. {4.2.13 - Yeah, still need to get on this...it's definitely hard to balance time for it...something I will work on.}
3. Take a Stab at Photography {and get a nice DSLR camera} & Start a Portfolio - Plan to purchase DSLR in December...lots o' dollars coming my way soon. Yippee! - I did purchase one in December and I have been practicing! I haven't created an online gallery or portfolio yet. {4.2.13 - Working on my techniques and coming along nicely - no portfolio yet.}
4. Lose 15 lbs - Um yeah, still working on this. Since first making this list in July, I have lost 10 lbs. So well on the way and working hard in the gym to lose a little more. {4.2.13 - I'm still around that 10 lb mark I think, but have made progress in the toning area thanks to regular barre and spin classes.}
5. Take a Long Weekend Getaway - Just Hubby & Me - Not sure this will happen before my 30th. My job loss in January set us back financially by a few weeks. {4.2.13 - We still need to make time for this.}
6. Take Jake & The Boys to Idaho to Visit My Family {Happening 7/21-8/8!}
7. Finish Redecorating the House - Work in progress, but a lot accomplished since this list was first made! We've done the kitchen updates since the last time I updated this list. We have some painting to do, but other than that, I'm done with a lot of the major stuff.
8. Start {and Keep} A Vegetable/Fruit Garden - Spring plans... {4.2.13 - Ugh, I don't think this is happening this season.}
9. Take My Sons to Pick Up Litter on the Beach {4.2.13 - Haven't made a trip just for that, but when we do go, I make them pick up any trash they see.}
10. Rediscover My Inner Dancer and Take Classes Again - Have been hitting barre, but need to dance! {4.2.13 - Still need to find a class, but really enjoying my barre, gym and spin schedule at the moment!}
11. Find the Courage to Sing in Front of a Group of People {4.2.13 - Uummmmm....}
12. Volunteer at My Church {4.2.13 - I haven't volunteered, but I did go to a women's conference in January and it was awesome. Really lit me up.}
13. Start Training for a Full Marathon {and maybe run one if I'm ready and can find one before my birthday} - I need to get the half done...then start working toward this.
14. Have My Blog Reach 1,000+ Followers {You can help me with this one! Spread the love!} {Yeah, this is not happening in the next 12 days, but do me a favor, if you like what you read, please share with friends, pin things to Pinterest, etc...it takes a village to raise a blog!}
15. Take A Cooking Class {4.2.13 - No, but have done better meal-planning and trying a lot of new healthy recipes.}
16. Take a Girls' Weekend Trip {4.2.13 - This is something I still really need to do...my mom and I are going to NYC in December though!}
17. Complete a Round of Insanity - Did like 1/4 of a round a few weeks back...started again this week. Started again, then stopped. Think I will restart on Saturday. {4.2.13 - I do a DVD here and there along with all of my other gym and class stuff, but have not started to do the whole program again yet.}
18. Complete a Round of Insanity: Asylum Vol. 1 - Will have to finish #17 first. - This probably won't happen since I'm not done with Insanity. But I plan to take this on this year sometime.
19. Get a Family Pet That Tanner Can Learn to Care For We got some fish (8)! And just got a new Siberian Husky {which I have to care for, Tanner helps} {4.2.13 - Most of you may know, that Tundra, our Siberian Husky, had to be put down due to breathing complications from cancer...it was heartbreaking. My husband did surprise me with an English Bulldog puppy named Sugar. We've had her just over a week.}
20. Take the Boys to LegoLand - We are going in June (so not before my birthday, but still!)
21. Find the Courage to Let Go of the Clothes in My Closet I Truly Don't Need Anymore - Garage sale last weekend!
22. Give My Husband a Wonderful 35th Birthday
23. Quit Drinking Diet Rockstars/Energy Drinks - I don't want to talk about it. #failingmiserably {4.2.13 - Still failing...}
24. Take a "Brothers" Picture of Tanner & Breckin At Least Once A Month {4.2.13 - Pretty much have done this.}
25. Get Professional Family Pictures Taken {Preferably Once in the Fall & Again in Spring}
26. Open an IRA or 401K {Don't worry, Hubby does have an account through USCG! I'd just like to help out too.} Just started a new job that offers a 401K and matches a percentage. Will get that in 90 days, so it won't be in time for my 30th, but soon after.
27. Start a Ladies Fitness Group/Boot Camp - Got the Facebook Group for other Lowcountry gals started, but need to do some meeting up! {4.2.13 - Still need to find the time and effort required to do this!}
28. Find a Hairstyle/Color that I Love and Can Maintain {4.2.13 - I've been debating going shorter again, haven't decided.}
29. Monetize My Blog {4.2.13 - Decided this isn't so important anymore...I just love to blog.}
30. Find out I'm preggers with #3...? {This is a big maybe, but definitely want it to happen by 30 if it's going to!} {4.2.13 - Yeeeeeaaaah, no.}

Do you have a bucket list of any sort going right now? How are you doing? xoxo

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...