Monday, April 15, 2013

Monday Musings {Birthday Weekend Recap}

Y'all, my 30th birthday weekend was an amazing weekend. ♥

I hit the beach with my boys on Saturday and my friends Bill & Suz were there with their kids that are pretty much the same ages as mine.

After that, I went home to get ready for the special evening Jake had planned. I really didn't know much what to expect except that were going somewhere and people were going to be there. So imagine my surprise when he did this:


Some of you might be confused because yes, we are already married.  But we got married without an engagement ring. For the last 5 years, I've worn a blue topaz ring that he had gotten me the month before we got married, before we were even engaged.

When we decided to get married, we already had a two year old. So when we got engaged, we married a week later. We had a very small ceremony with just a few members of Jake's family at Breach Inlet on Sullivan's Island.

The girl in me always wished I had gotten to plan a wedding, or at the very least have my family and some friends there. So I was so elated and completely taken aback when Jake put this scheme together, to get me back at our wedding site where friends were waiting as he gave probably the sweetest speech I'd ever heard...I can't say I remember every word because it all happened so fast and I was in shock, but things like "Every love song is still about you..." and "Every day as I'm driving home I am always thinking about you and am just so happy..."and then he re-proposed, with a beautiful diamond ring.

He had apparently been planning this for months and even little detective ol' me had no clue!



Photo: After 5 years of marriage #heputaringonit #birthday #30thbirthday

After the proposal, we went across the street to The Boathouse for cocktails and a nice dinner...here we are at dinner:



The day of my actual birthday, Jake had to do USCG duty, so I went to Suz's house and we had a play date with the kids...and she is the sweetest person ever...she made a wonderful dinner, which Jake came and attended after work, and she even had a cake as a surprise. What a sweet friend. Overall, I have to say I had a wonderful weekend.

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

3 comments:

K said...

Happy birthday and congratulations! Your ring is beautiful, and what a great surprise it was. I also wanted to let you know that we've given you the Liebster Blog Award because we love your blog! Stop by and check it out!

Cheers!
Buttons
The Hot Toddies of Washington

Vashtiqvega43 said...

Awww! You had an awesome weekend! Congratulations and Happy Birthday! All the best to you. <3

Lauren said...

AWWW that is so cute! Sounds like a great weekend and happy birthday girl! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...