Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Goodwill Tray Revamp

Quite a few months back, maybe even close to a year ago {geez I'm lazy}, I found this awesome, brand new tray by Target Home sitting in our Goodwill store - for $8.98. The original Target price tag was $24.99. It is solid wood and very large - it was a perfect fit for our monstrous coffee table that my husband built.



Originally seeing the glass and picture frames in it, I knew I wanted to find a great coordinating fabric to put under the glass instead of pictures. I searched and searched, but never really found anything, and then just sort of let the project idea sit on the wayside.

Then, I saw Courtney's makeover of her daughter's room with the closet office and instantly fell in love with the pattern she used on the wall. When she said it was wrapping paper from Target, I was floored. I knew this was what I wanted to use, as the colors would fit perfectly in my living room scheme.

closetoffice

I went off to Target in hopes of finding the same paper and I most certainly did. I began the project by taking out the bottom of the tray, and found that I would actually have to unscrew the main frame to remove the picture frame piece and get to the glass.


I then cut some wrapping paper to fit the size of the glass and laid it in. Breckin was happy to help me screw the tray back together.



Here is the finished product, before styling of course:


And here it is styled:





What do you think?

Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 

3 comments:

Our Pinteresting Family said...

Looks fantastic!

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

What a fun pop of color! And the roses on that tray are a perfect addition.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love treasure finds! Cool blog...first time visiting. I hope you link to my parties every week- http://atozebracelebrations.com/2013/04/tuesday-link-party-5.html
Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...