Sunday, April 14, 2013

Goodbye, 20s // Hello, Best Decade of My Life?

It's official, as of 4:31am this morning, I am a 30-year old. In my 30s. Entering a new decade. Perhaps a new era?

{source}


Everyone tells me that your 30s are actually typically a lot better than your 20s. Some say the best decade of your life will be your 30s. All I can say is that I hope they're right. And I'm entering into this new chapter in my life with that in mind...I want to look at being in my 30s as a positive thing. And know that I'm not old, just wiser. Maybe that's what makes this decade the best - you're still relatively young enough to really enjoy life, are typically in good health...but you know a lot more now than you did in your 20s...your lessons and experiences in your 20s have given you wisdom to take on this new decade with confidence and a good head on your shoulders.



I definitely I feel I learned a lot in my 20s...heck, even in my teens.

I learned who were my true friends, and unfortunately found some that weren't.

I bent over backward, sometimes for the right people, but more often than not, for the wrong.


Some people come into your life as blessings. Others come into your life as lessons.


I spent money carelessly instead of saving. I wish I had started planning for the future earlier. 

I didn't always speak my mind in certain situations, only to find myself replaying the moment in my head over and over with regret, thinking about "what I should've said".

{source}

I cared much too much about what others thought.

{source}

This list could go on and on...and on. But I think you get the idea. Now that I've lived through some bad decisions...and hey, there were some good ones in there too...I like to think that I've got a better grasp on who I am, what I want, and the type of people I want in my life. I think I can speak more freely the thoughts on my mind with conviction...and confidence. I've learned not to waste my time with those that wouldn't spend any of their time on me.

I'm thirty...and I've evolved. I know I'm not done learning and growing, but I think this decade might hopefully have less painful lessons and experiences...and more quality memories with quality people.



I've made some promises to myself for this decade...

1. Keep a good career, move forward in it and save for retirement.
2. To be officially done with Diet Rockstars {and put that money in savings each month, adds up to about $60-75 per month!}
3. Have a good skincare regimen and be OK with spending a fair amount of money on decent products, rather than always buying the cheaper stuff.
4. Keep up the fitness routine and find a way to take it up a notch. {I think barre classes and running have helped with that!}
5. Eat cleaner, for life.
6. Drink 64 oz of water daily - for body and skin.
7. Travel more.
8. Relax a little more and enjoy life.


So, here's to turning 30!



Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...