Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Our Weekend {Dad's Visit}

I sort of neglected the blog last Friday and yesterday. My dad and his wife, Teresa, came into town for a couple of days and we definitely packed a lot of punch into those couple of days.

We met them out after they got in on Friday evening for dinner at one of Jake's favorite Mexican restaurants - La Nortena's. It was nice catching up over a couple pitchers of margaritas, of course, anything you do over a couple of pitchers of margaritas is nice.

Teresa is allergic to dogs, so they opted to stay in a hotel then met us over at our house in the morning for breakfast. We decided to hit up the local fun park - Blackbeard's Cove - for some miniature golf and games.


Teresa and I joked that as the women, we never get to be in any of the pictures. Our men just don't take them for us. Clueless.





After all that, we took them to our spot on the beach - the Windjammer on Isle of Palms - for some drinks and nice outdoor air.


 On Sunday, we went to The Lowcountry Strawberry Festival at Boone Hall Plantation.

http://www.thedigitel.com/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/field/story/image/strawberry-festival.jpg

Tanner was actually super-brave and rode this big pendulum thing that not only swings you like a pendulum but spins you at the same time...fast and high. He looked completely freaked out the entire time and I remember feeling like I had to hold one of his legs down on his seat to keep him from flying out of it since he was just barely tall enough to ride the ride. Once he got off, he was all stoked on doing more rides though...he's way braver than I was at 7...I only learned to love rollercoasters and such as an adult!



Again, that's Jake catching all the camera action above.

We went home after that long, busy day and had a low-key BBQ and chatted over wine and beer. Then we said our goodbyes to my Dad and Teresa since they had to catch an early flight on Monday. The visits from my family always seem too short, but I'm so glad they could make it, we don't get to see them often, and I'd say we all had a good time and kept busy!

Hope y'all had a great weekend too!
Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

2 comments:

Natashalh said...

I found you through the FB Frenzy blog hop and I had to say hello to a fellow Charlestonian! I hope it actually gets warm here soon instead of all this in the 60s nonsense that has me freezing.

Natashalh

Fash Boulevard said...

Aww. This looks like so much fun. Thanks for sharing.

I would love for you to stop by my blog and check out my latest outfit post.
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...