Friday, April 5, 2013

Cooper River Bridge 10K Run

Happy Friday, y'all! It is the last official day of Spring Break and I am ready for my boys to go back to their schools. It has been a great week full of quality time with them, but after yesterday's cabin fever due to the rain, I am just ready. It doesn't help that I still had to manage to "work" from home as well. It will be nice to get back on a schedule.

I've got a busy weekend planned...and no I'm not bragging...I'd much rather lie around in PJs or sunbathe on the back deck whilst my boys and the puppy run around the backyard. But nope, Hubby and I are FINALLY going to put the last element of the kitchen makeover in place - the paint. This ultimately includes painting the living room since they share a wall. I cannot wait to see the end result of a brighter space. I will be sure not to keep you waiting too long for a post.

Other than that fun undertaking, I'll be up bright and early tomorrow to beat the Cooper River Bridge Run participant traffic and find parking. I'm going to be honest, I have not trained for this run. I definitely run better now than I did last year though and I ran it last year without training as well and was able to keep a steady pace throughout. My goal is to do the same, maybe just a bit faster. But again, having not trained, I'm not going to be too hard on myself. I just love being a part of this big local event that draws in over 40,000 participants.

{source}

I should probably take it easy today as far as workouts go, but I was bad and skipped my gym session yesterday, so I'm going to take my Spin class this morning. I don't think 6.2 miles is going to kill me if I did a Spin class the day before.

Have a great weekend! xoxo


Find me and follow on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram 
Add my RSS Feed to your Reader

1 comment:

jess said...

That looks like a super fun run! I have a half marathon at the end of the month that I haven't trained for at all, too - fingers crossed, lol :P

jess
Wanderlusted

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...