Thursday, August 15, 2013

Happy New {School} Year

Tanner goes back to school next Wednesday!

Something about a new school year sort of brings up the same emotions and motivation I get at New Year's time. It's similar for me in that by now I've usually gotten lax on some of my "resolutions" and in many areas of my life - be it meals, fitness, activity schedules, etc...and the school year starting anew gives me a chance to put a good system in place {hopefully one I can stick to!}

Here are some things I'm excited about for the new school year and some things I plan on doing:

1. Excited that my fitness routine will be so much easier to keep on schedule! The gym is directly across the street from Tanner's school, and since he has to be dropped off around 7:30, that leaves me plenty of time before my 9am work day starts to get a workout in every day. I literally have no excuse to not make it to the gym. I like that. BONUS: Tanner starts baseball on Tuesday and Thursday nights from September 17th to October 24th and his practices are at the Patriot's Point field. For those of you not familiar, that is right next to the base of this bridge which gives me the great opportunity to walk/jog it with Breckin in the stroller while Tanner does his baseball practice:


http://techworkingrealestate.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/ravenelbridge.jpg


2. Meal Planning: Always like to get a little more creative with Tanner's school lunches than I am during the summertime. Last year, his lunches looked mostly like this {here's his lunch from the first day of school}:
Style Oyster: School Lunch Ideas

Additionally, since I'm prepping his lunches, I'm also better about prepping my own snacks and lunch for work so I don't make bad decisions. As you know, I've made a goal of eating a lot more clean than I was, and I plan on sticking with it to meet my fitness goals.

3. I'd like to have more of a routine of sorts going when we get home after the school/work day. On the days Tanner doesn't have a sport/activity going on, I'd like to set aside time for chores and homework, then get a healthy dinner on the table {with a menu plan in place} and have some good quality play time before winding down with the bedtime routine. I also want to make it a goal to prepare all the things I need for the next day the night before {after kiddos are in bed}. It really makes a difference in our mornings...especially with my attitude...since I won't be rushing as much.

I'll be sharing how I plan on accomplishing these tasks, how I'm going to stay organized and of course giving you updates. My main goal is to truly find a system that works, that the family can get on board with and we won't get lazy with. I know there's gotta be such a system out there!

Are you excited for the new school year {if you have kids}? Do you feel like it's a time of renewal as well? What are some of your goals this {school} year? Any tips on staying organized? I'd love to hear from you...

Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...