Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday Musings

It is officially the last full week of summer for us. Tanner goes back to school next Wednesday and next Monday we are meeting his teacher. I'm glad we're all ready to go...school uniforms and supplies are bought. I did not feel like rushing around the last couple of weeks before school, so I took care of that shizz last month. {Can I get a He** Yeah? - Isn't it sad the things us mothers feel like we need frat-bro-like recognition for?}

Anyway, this weekend was pretty good...we started out with the Under The Sun concert on Friday night. It was so good to see some of my favorite 90s bands...Gin Blossoms, Sugar Ray and Smash Mouth. Oh, and this teenage dream come true:



Even though I wasn't close enough to touch him or talk to him...being within less than a football field's length of him, I was all giddy and shit. Hubby thought I was acting like a lovestruck teenager...and I was like, "Well, yeeeah!" I know I'm not the only one who loved me some Mark McGrath. Can I get another He** Yeah?



Saturday made for an early morning since I had to pick up the boys from Nana's by 7:30am. We ended up taking advantage and hitting the play park before it got super-hot out. {We also had it all to ourselves.}




Oh and by the way, Hubby scalped my youngest this weekend without my permission. He does look really cute though. However, the look of innocence is GONE. Nothing there to hide the mischievous look in his eyes, or the constant bumps on his forehead.

We also made some time to hit the pool.




And Breckin learned to ride his new scooter {in the last one he runs back to Daddy to give him a five}:




On Sunday, the boys and I went to the pool again {oh btw, Hubby was on his USCG duty weekend, so that's why he wasn't with us}. We also went to the grocery store {exhilerating, I know}.

During naptime/quiet time that day, in making good on my clean eating plans, I prepped all of my healthy snacks and lunches {the boys' too} for the week {not all is pictured here, I do not plan to live on salad...there will be plenty of chicken and fish}:




And look at this protein-spinach-smoothie-lovin' toddler I'm raising {big bro liked it too} - great way to sneak in some really healthy foods for the little ones:




Have a great week!

Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...