Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Musings

This weekend was a nice weekend. We were graced with some great weather, finally! I was able to take some time away from the work laptop on Friday afternoon to get downtown with my friend Chrissy for some shopping. We were long overdue for some Forever 21 indulgence.


Doesn't that pic seriously look like the light of Heaven is shining down? I think so.

I got a couple of cute tops - plan to style them and post them on here someday soon. My fave purchase was this cute deer antler ring. Don't you think it will go great with that coral necklace I got from Target a few months back {it totally looks like antlers to me more than coral}:






The Hootie & The Blowfish Homegrown concert series was going on this weekend and they had a lot of activities for families to take part in - best part, it was free! {Darius Rucker is from Charleston and puts this on every year} On Saturday, I took the kids to the Family Circle Cup stadium on Daniel Island where they had jump houses, a rock wall, game booths, a Lego play area and more for the kids to enjoy.









We also went out for a family dinner that evening.




Breckin is always in defense mode when Tanner gets near because big bro is always picking at him...gotta love sibling rivalry.

That night I got to go out with one of my best friends, Suz, to her friends' house for a ladies' game night playing Cards Against Humanity. I was so excited to play this game...I had heard about it via someone's blog and was dying to play. It's like Apples to Apples, but so politically incorrect, it's wrong. But sooooo funny. And I won! I'm definitely downloading the free print-at-home version of the game to keep handy for game nights with couples at our house.

Sunday was a clean house kind of day. Jake took the boys shark-fishing with their Uncle Bobby...




So I got some free hours to myself to actually make some head way on the disorganized mess that is our house at the moment {and I try sooo hard}. Truth be told, most the time was spent in the boys' rooms...ridiculous the messes they make, I tell you! I also took care of getting rid of the too-small clothing and other miscellaneous crap that had been stuffed out-of-sight-out-of-mind in their closets. It was long overdue.

I also DIY-ed a fabric bulletin board for Breckin's room, much like the one I did for Tanner's room. I'll be posting Breckin's room on here soon...have done a lot to it! Tanner's too.

Hope y'all had a happy weekend too!
Find Me and Follow on Facebook, BlogLovin' Twitter & Instagram 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...