Wednesday, September 8, 2010

One Month...

One month ago I was holding my baby boy Breckin for the first time. I can't believe he's already a month old. Before I know it we'll be planning his 1st birthday party...and then he'll be going off to college...

OK, that may be a little bit of an exaggeration.

But it's so crazy to think about how fast the time does fly when you're watching your children grow up. Tanner will be five years old this November. FIVE. It's so surreal to me. I look back on old pictures of Tanner and it still feels like yesterday. His first summer at the beach, his first day of daycare, our daily strolls, potty-training (maybe that's because he only fully accomplished that one a year ago! Boys.) It makes me a little sad to feel that those years came and went so quickly...but I am also excited for what's to come - his first day of Kindergarten, team sports, report cards, new friends, new hobbies, becoming more independent...

And now I have another little one to experience those same firsts with...I imagine I'll really try to be more conscious about cherishing the moments more since now I'm aware of how quickly they come and go.

I do get some new experiences now - watching Tanner be a big brother and teach Breckin all sorts of things. Now I get to have a baby that has an older sibling to look up to...it will be so fun to see them laugh and play (and I'm sure they will have some bouts of sibling rivalry as well). But I know Breckin will look up to Tanner and they will love each other so much.

Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...