Sunday, September 5, 2010

5K Season is Here!

Most people call the time frame of September to December Fall or Autumn...I call it 5K Season! This is the time of year when I run most of the 5Ks I do all year. This particular season is one of the most anticipated for me because I am newly postpartum and it will definitely be a fitness test and challenge for me. I've been looking forward to this so I would have something to help take the pregnancy weight off. My first 5K is the Isle of Palms Connector Run & Walk for the Child on October 2nd. On October 16th, it's the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure on Daniel Island. I loved this race last year (I mean, any excuse to get all decked out in pink!). I even ran into a friend before the race started and we ended up running it together. She had planned on walking it, but I helped to push her along and she ended up running most of it with me! She was so proud of herself after she was done and it made me feel so good to have helped push her further than she thought she could go. Next will be the Turkey Day Run on Thanksgiving, and following that, the Reindeer Run on December 4th. I usually sign up my whole family to do this one...I suppose we can squeeze Tanner into the jogging stroller one last year (he definitely can't walk the whole thing)...this way Jake and I will both be pushing a stroller. Dakotah may have to sit out this year, we'll see.

But I'm going to start training for 5K Season this month...I am going to work my walking with Breckin into running...my goal with each 5K is to beat my time from the last 5K...I'll be posting my results over the next few months!


Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...