Thursday, September 2, 2010

Not Getting Along with the Mirror...

OK, OK...so I know I'm only 3 weeks and 4 days postpartum...but let's face it, anyone who knows me knows that I'm a little bit of a nut when it comes to being in shape. A little obsessive and probably much too hard on myself (obviously...I mean, I'm already giving myself crap for not being back in my skinny jeans less than a month after having a baby)...but that's just who I am and I've accepted it.

I definitely didn't wait at all to start getting back out there...the day we got home from the hospital I took Breckin on a 30-45 minute stroll around the neighborhood...and I've done so every single day since - sometimes even doing two walks, one with Breckin and then one with Dakotah. I was even extra ambitious one night and popped in a Jillian Michael's workout DVD. Yesterday I took Breckin for his first stroll across the Cooper River Bridge and back...and I LOVED the burn I felt while pushing his stroller uphill. But still I get up in the morning and try to find any shirt I can squeeze into (which there are not many right now and mind you the breastfeeding twins are NOT helping) and then put on my "fat" jeans - a $16.99 pair of American Eagle's I bought at Marshall's to get me through this awkward phase until I can get my pre-prego jeans to button! And all I see in the mirror is my flabby midsection and newly-acquired love handles...despite all the work I've been trying to do this past 3 1/2 weeks. Like I said, I am hard on myself. But I'm sure there are many mommies out there that understand what I'm going through and have been there themselves.

Anyway, I'm determined to come to a truce with the mirror - and SOON. This Sunday I will be 4 weeks postpartum...the plan this month is to take Breckin on the Cooper River Bridge every morning (weather permitting) working up to where I can end up running most of it and do an hour's worth of workout DVD's at least 5 days a week. This month it's Turbo Jam...haha. Next month, Insanity...the title is pretty fitting, don't you think?

Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...