Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Workout Partners

There's nothing better than having someone to work out with. It can be the extra boost of motivation you need - knowing that someone is in it with you and also, you're less likely to back out of a workout when you know someone is going to be waiting for you. :)

My workout partners lately are either a) my dog, Dakotah or b) Breckin in his stroller...neither are much good for conversation, but hey, it still makes for a nice workout.

What I've started doing lately though is calling around to my friends and asking them to meet me for a walk - be it the Cooper River Bridge, Daniel Island leisure trails...whatever. Especially with having been pregnant and feeling out of the loop with my girlfriends for 9 months - I am eager to invest more time into my friendships because life changes can interrupt those relationships from time to time. Last night I met up with my good friend Corey to walk the bridge...I had Breckin in tow as well. It was nice to be able to pass the time and catch up with her. She has been such a wonderful friend over the past few years and I've missed hanging out with her. It's also nice to be able to call your friends once in a while to hang out without drinking or spending money! Not that I don't mind that from time to time, but with kids, it's not always feasible to go out drinking, or appropriate. I love having friends that are into a healthy lifestyle as well...to have that in common is motivating...and you know you have someone who is supportive of your health and fitness goals.

As soon as I rejoin the gym - I will definitely be calling some girls up to meet me for Spinning, yoga or even just a strength training session...it's kind of like knocking out two birds with one stone: getting your workout in and catching up with a good friend. To my girlfriends: Don't be surprised if I contact you soon to meet me for a walk on the Cooper River Bridge! :)

Friends/Family - if you would like any of the pictures you see of us on the blog, please just right-click on the image and save it to your computer. You are welcome to print at your leisure! They are all high-pixel images. If you do not know my family or me, you probably shouldn't right-click/save or print any of our images. Just saying.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...